Votes: 35 63.6%
  • White

Votes: 20 36.4%
601 - 620 of 621 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
good price?

in you opinion what is a good price for a mint 5th gen, low mileage(below 100000km), no rust, oem lip kit, leather interior no cracks in the leather, all power options and heated seats. and if it may change your opinion, i live in canada so the no rust part is very hard to find.

·
Administrator
7,131 Posts
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-honda-prelude-base-203k/6314227244.html

Has this car been in a wreck? im currently debating on buying this. the buyer insists it runs wel.l

Red 5th gens are known to have horrible paint fade.... but that looks completely opposite to what i've normally seen. Overall it's hard to say by just looking at photos if it's ever had paint work done. The body panels all appear to align properly - a little unusual since the front bumpers are known to have a "sag" over time.

You would have to check the car over with a paint gauge, as well as look for overspray in the bay/jams and vin number labels.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So i'm thinking about some mods that i can put on my lude and i just wanted some opinions or maybe so ideas.
So when i bought it, it came with a cold air intake and a non stock exhaust (nothing annoying or straight piped) but of course i wanna do more here is a kinda list of mods im thinking about getting.
1. Ksport suspension
2. Mishimoto Performance Radiator
3. Brakes and rotors( haven't really decided on what kind)
4. Braum seat
5. Konig Lockouts
6. Maybe a new fuel injection kit
7. And maybe a small turbo kit noting too fancy
Of course im not gonna buy this all at once but these are kinda just some ideas im tossing out let me know what y'all think. Oh! also mine is a 97 manual

·
Registered
6 Posts
So i'm thinking about some mods that i can put on my lude and i just wanted some opinions or maybe so ideas.
So when i bought it, it came with a cold air intake and a non stock exhaust (nothing annoying or straight piped) but of course i wanna do more here is a kinda list of mods im thinking about getting.
1. Ksport suspension
4. Braum seat
5. Konig Lockouts
Of course im not gonna buy this all at once but these are kinda just some ideas im tossing out let me know what y'all think. Oh! also mine is a 97 manual
Some people here on the forums and a guy I know IRL recommend the EBC kit listed here. Featured Parts - Exterior - eXtremePrelude.com
As for a turbo kit and injectors, I've been wondering about that myself and would also appreciate any advice.

·
Administrator
7,131 Posts
1. Ksport suspension
4. Braum seat
5. Konig Lockouts

1. There are many suspension options out there nowadays. You'll likely end up changing it out again at some point if you keep the car/put miles on it so check out some reviews and go with whatever you're feeling like. Unless you plan on tracking and abusing the car, these off the shelf coilovers are more of a get what you pay for kinda deal.

2. No need to change the radiator if there is nothing wrong with your current. It's an upgrade that is taking funds from other maintenance/upgrades.

3. I personally prefer Centric/Power slot brand for rotors. Pads depend on what you're doing. I use Honda factory pads on my daily with Power slot rotors but Hawk pads on my Prelude with the same rotors. Hawk pads create a lot of dust and are only good for some spirited driving or semi daily activities - this is my opinion.

4. You should check the name tag on our seats, just saying. Factory seats in Preludes are actually nice compared to most other manufacturers. I've gone the path of aftermarket seats and came to the conclusion that they're nothing more than an attention grabber and serve absolutely no purpose on a street/daily car. But your car your money kinda deal.

5. Wheels, make it your own car and do whatever you'd like that is in a safe spec and not crushing your fenders or rubbing on the insides.

6. No reason to change the injectors unless you're putting out a good amount of power and your tune requires it.

7. You get what you pay for as far as performance parts go. I don't recommend going boost unless you have the ability to do it right and that means the funds for when it breaks. Boost is fun and sounds amazing - but boosting a car that was never boosted from the factory will always lead to a headache unless you're prepared to pay the price.

Make sure your maintenance is up to date before doing any type of performance modification or upgrade. Upgrading to coil overs does no good if your bushings are shot. Changing the wheels before making sure all suspension components are in good working order also means you can be chewing through tires sooner vs later. Adding any type of engine modification when it's leaking oil/coolant/vacuum leak etc kinda defeats the purpose. Adding body modifications when the quarters are rusting or trunk is full of water... etc you kinda get the picture. Also be prepared for the timing belt/water pump job and clutch if they've not been done. Both are pricy in labor if you're unable to do them yourself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1. There are many suspension options out there nowadays. You'll likely end up changing it out again at some point if you keep the car/put miles on it so check out some reviews and go with whatever you're feeling like. Unless you plan on tracking and abusing the car, these off the shelf coilovers are more of a get what you pay for kinda deal.

2. No need to change the radiator if there is nothing wrong with your current. It's an upgrade that is taking funds from other maintenance/upgrades.

3. I personally prefer Centric/Power slot brand for rotors. Pads depend on what you're doing. I use Honda factory pads on my daily with Power slot rotors but Hawk pads on my Prelude with the same rotors. Hawk pads create a lot of dust and are only good for some spirited driving or semi daily activities - this is my opinion.

4. You should check the name tag on our seats, just saying. Factory seats in Preludes are actually nice compared to most other manufacturers. I've gone the path of aftermarket seats and came to the conclusion that they're nothing more than an attention grabber and serve absolutely no purpose on a street/daily car. But your car your money kinda deal.

5. Wheels, make it your own car and do whatever you'd like that is in a safe spec and not crushing your fenders or rubbing on the insides.

6. No reason to change the injectors unless you're putting out a good amount of power and your tune requires it.

7. You get what you pay for as far as performance parts go. I don't recommend going boost unless you have the ability to do it right and that means the funds for when it breaks. Boost is fun and sounds amazing - but boosting a car that was never boosted from the factory will always lead to a headache unless you're prepared to pay the price.

Make sure your maintenance is up to date before doing any type of performance modification or upgrade. Upgrading to coil overs does no good if your bushings are shot. Changing the wheels before making sure all suspension components are in good working order also means you can be chewing through tires sooner vs later. Adding any type of engine modification when it's leaking oil/coolant/vacuum leak etc kinda defeats the purpose. Adding body modifications when the quarters are rusting or trunk is full of water... etc you kinda get the picture. Also be prepared for the timing belt/water pump job and clutch if they've not been done. Both are pricy in labor if you're unable to do them yourself.

Thanks! But yea i was just throwing out ideas, i wouldn't boost it for awhile it would probs be when i get another car so if the lude breaks im not stuck ya know. But im glad i've gotten some inpuit from someone else!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks! But yea i was just throwing out ideas, i wouldn't boost it for awhile it would probs be when i get another car so if the lude breaks im not stuck ya know. But im glad i've gotten some inpuit from someone else!
I am planning on getting a new clutch and belt soon though probably gonna get them after i get new breaks since i really need those soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone, I’ve been lurking here for a bit but I need opinions so I’ve decided to post. I’ve recently aquired a 99 type sh with an extremely blown engine (as in cylinder 4 exploded and theres absolutely nothing salvagable. Well maybe the head, IDK yet.)

I’ve always wanted to have a boosted car and I have some components for it already (wideband, obd1 ecu, etc.) so I’m going to go that way when I engine swap it. My goal is about 300whp. I’ve been researching for awhile and the way I see it, I have 2 cheapish options:

1. Try to do a G22. Nice thing about it is accord blocks are a dime a dozen, and and depending on the salvageability of my h22 head i might not have to buy that part.

2. Go for a JDM H22A. This is probably the more reliable option, and certainly the quicker one.

I’m probably gonna get a lot of crap for this but either way the ATTS is coming out, cause I dont think it’ll hold the power I want (and anyway I think its overly complicated.)

Does anyone have experience with a G22? Which way do you think I should go?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a black 97 sh that the timing belt snapped today while I was on the highway doing about 70mph. The body has seen it's better day. Rust on the rear quarters is getting kind of bad. My question is do I swap it? Or get rid of it? I'm having a lot of trouble sourcing parts right now :(

·
Administrator
7,131 Posts
If you feel the car is worth salvaging and you hold value to the car, replace the motor. If it's really in bad enough shape, time to move on.

LKQ is a good supplier for used engines here in the states.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you feel the car is worth salvaging and you hold value to the car, replace the motor. If it's really in bad enough shape, time to move on.

LKQ is a good supplier for used engines here in the states.
thank you for the response. Even though its beat up I do believe it's worth salvaging. I don't believe LKQ is close to NJ :(
Need to find a base model engine and trans, either that or type s, euro r, or f20b having trouble sourcing stuff like that in my area these days. Anyone here have an extra swap? Even if it's not running I think I'd rather build the base model setup and sell the blown SH full swap.... ATTS worked :)

·
Administrator
7,131 Posts
thank you for the response. Even though its beat up I do believe it's worth salvaging. I don't believe LKQ is close to NJ :(
Need to find a base model engine and trans, either that or type s, euro r, or f20b having trouble sourcing stuff like that in my area these days. Anyone here have an extra swap? Even if it's not running I think I'd rather build the base model setup and sell the blown SH full swap.... ATTS worked :)

LKQ has a branch in Vineland, as well as locations in MD, PA, DE and NY. Call them and get a quote, they deal with many junkyards.
I also see running 5th gens for sale in NJ and surrounding areas on craigslist and fb marketplace fairly often (i'm semi local) - could always keep and eye out on there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, New here. I have a '97 JDM SiR gen 5 Prelude. Exterior in 5.0 condition and interior in A-. Mileage at about 30,000km. Just wondering if there is a market in the US for a pristine JDM Prelude. Thanks.

·
Administrator
7,131 Posts
OK, New here. I have a '97 JDM SiR gen 5 Prelude. Exterior in 5.0 condition and interior in A-. Mileage at about 30,000km. Just wondering if there is a market in the US for a pristine JDM Prelude. Thanks.

There would be if 5th gens were legal to import. But you have a few years to go on that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, newbie on this forum but I have 97 EUDM 5gen VTI with 4ws and would like to know you opinion on RSX type R wing before I mount it. In case you wonder why I just don´t leave the OEM, well it didn´t come with spoiler not sure why but anyways here what it looks like with the wing.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle

601 - 620 of 621 Posts