• Black

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • White

Votes: 20 36.4%
581 - 600 of 621 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
So about a week ago the clutch on my 99 base started to pick up real early in the throw. I'm talking immediately. There used to be some travel in the pedal before it hooked up, maybe an inch or so. And its getting more and more difficult to shift gears, it will often grind. I'm no professional racer but after 4 years of driving stick I know how to shift without grinding my gears. Any ideas on what the problem might be? And a possible solution? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
should i put the headers on my car or sell them

so i recently bought a 99 prelude for my first car it came with brand new dc headers that had not even been taken out of the box till i go them to see what it was. so my question is if i should sell the headers or just put them on my car?

·
Administrator
7,130 Posts
so i recently bought a 99 prelude for my first car it came with brand new dc headers that had not even been taken out of the box till i go them to see what it was. so my question is if i should sell the headers or just put them on my car?
Your call. They don't add any performance, just look cleaner than stock until the finish wears off. At that point, if you don't want the upkeep, you no longer have a way of securing the factory heat shield to them. So weigh your pros and cons as far as how much work you're willing to put into it and what look you're going for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your call. They don't add any performance, just look cleaner than stock until the finish wears off. At that point, if you don't want the upkeep, you no longer have a way of securing the factory heat shield to them. So weigh your pros and cons as far as how much work you're willing to put into it and what look you're going for.
thanks, since they dont really add any performance i think im just gonna sell them do you know of any place that i could sell them

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a new exhaust setup, but I'd appreciate some input from you for the mid-section.

Header (current): Vibrant 4-2-1 header #2540
Mid-section (current): all stock
End section (on wishlist): Vibrant STREETPOWER Flat Black Oval Muffler #1148

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Need help, I have a 98 sh, atts and check engine light came on at the same time, vtec wouldn't engage on the highway so i pulled over and checked the oil. It was bone dry... about a week after an oil change, I went back got it filled again, same thing happened (kept an eye on it, didn't run it low on oil) it burned all the oil or something... smells like it's running rich, there is some smoke if I get on it but not much. I've checked everywhere for a leak so did the Mechanic, can't find one. He says it is just burning the oil... That's about it. Because it's high mileage (180,5xx) but I have no clue why it would burn so much, really don't want to further damage the motor any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am looking at a 2001 base model with 68k miles, is there any chance of auto transmission issues at that milage.
Hi, I'm not a pro or anywhere near that level when it comes to preludes... however maybe I can offer these suggestions:

a) Drive it! See if there are any issues with the automatic transmission!

68k miles is plenty of time/miles for a problem to occur, one could also be waiting to happen, or perhaps the transmission has been cared for regularly and problems have been avoided. I realize that my one sentence covers loads of possibilities but there's really not any info available to make another judgement.

The reviews on the automatic transmission on here and other sites have been that, even when it is working properly, it isn't a nice transmission so perhaps you should also take that into account.

Update us how it goes!

Eddie

·
Registered
20 Posts
So about a week ago the clutch on my 99 base started to pick up real early in the throw. I'm talking immediately. There used to be some travel in the pedal before it hooked up, maybe an inch or so. And its getting more and more difficult to shift gears, it will often grind. I'm no professional racer but after 4 years of driving stick I know how to shift without grinding my gears. Any ideas on what the problem might be? And a possible solution? Thanks
Did you check to see if you are leaking fluid from around the master cylinder/slave cylinder area?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does the wings west kit look weird with stock wheels? Or any 16" wheels. I like the fact that the wings west kit sits lower and looks more aggressive than oem, but i dont know if it would look too big and disproportionate to 16" wheels? Anybody have pics?

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,299 Posts
Does the wings west kit look weird with stock wheels? Or any 16" wheels. I like the fact that the wings west kit sits lower and looks more aggressive than oem, but i dont know if it would look too big and disproportionate to 16" wheels? Anybody have pics?
Wheels aren't much of an issue as much as the height of the car does.

Without a drop, any lip kit looks goofy. There are photos of the Wings West kit in the Lip Kit thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wheels aren't much of an issue as much as the height of the car does.

Without a drop, any lip kit looks goofy. There are photos of the Wings West kit in the Lip Kit thread.
I'm tucking a good bit of tire so you think it would look good?

·
Administrator
7,130 Posts
If you're tucking tire, it may have contact issues with bumps etc while driving. Just Google Image the kit and you will see tons of photos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New around here (but not to Hondas).

Should I stay with the wing-less look, or add the spoiler? I bought a red factory spoiler fr CL but I kinda like it without the wing. (suspension and front lip is next)

·
Administrator
7,130 Posts
very clean car!

I personally like the wingless look. Unless you have a spare trunk and want to swap between for different looks - which is always an option vs drilling into your trunk and forever being stuck with one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply and compliments; that confirms what I wanted to do anyway and keep it as is.

The previous owner debadged it completely so it adds to the clean look which is what I'm going for. Non-Honda people probably don't know what kind of car it is since these cars are getting rarer every year. The interior is very clean also, with just 2 very small cracks that are not very noticeable. SS Tranny is good too and I drive it like a granny (mostly) =).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a 98 SH I recently replaced my valve cover gasket and figured I would put new spark plugs in... Long story short I went to the auto parts store and bought what I was told were the factory recommended NGK V-Power ZFR6F-11 Plugs .. Put um in didnt think anything of it untill my friend asked me what the gap was. So I look it up & it appears the gap is spot on .043" however my owners manual says I should use platinum tipped plugs PZFR6F-11... If I use these will it mess anything up? Thx Help

581 - 600 of 621 Posts