Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a Type Sh. I have sideskirts and a rear lip which are all stock. However i dont have a front "Lip" on my bumper. The bumper is one peice of plastic. God i know this sounds retarded but did my car come with one on the front? It seems weird to have them everywhere but the front bumper....

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
If you're talking about the OEM kit (4 piece lip set from honda, then they were not standard on any model lude. there's nothing different on the front bumper between the base/sh. The only difference pertaining to the lips is that the rocker panels are painted on the sh and black on the base.

It sounds like your lude is normal :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh werid. For some reason i thought the SH model had a slight lip kit that the base model didnt but i guess they just painted the rocker panels the same color as the rest of the car. Works for me! :)

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
just confirming what you should know now. The SH and the Base have trim peices on the sides and rear only. They are black plastic on the base and painted to match the body on the SH. There is no lip spoiler of any kind on any USDM prelude unless it has the OEM Honda kit accessory.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the OEM lip is not infact a stock lip. But the lip made by honda and manufactured for that car as an aftermarket peice. Got it. Kinda confusing vocabulary is all. :)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
SamEyeHam said:
So the OEM lip is not infact a stock lip. But the lip made by honda and manufactured for that car as an aftermarket peice. Got it. Kinda confusing vocabulary is all. :)
You almost got it...there is no "lip" period on a stock prelude. The side trim and rear trim are not "lips". Honda does offer an "underspoiler kit" which contains four pieces. The pieces "replace" the stock trim...and add a front bumper underspoiler. Good luck finding one :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Type_sh Racer said:
I think you could buy a Type S lip in your color. When I bought my S lip it was in black.
Do you think it's possible to find one in Nordic Mist? :tongue2:

Probably asking too much, but let me know if you think that I'd still be able to find one...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any links on where to get this "type s" lip you speak of. im very interested.:)

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
SamEyeHam said:
Any links on where to get this "type s" lip you speak of. im very interested.:)
ICB Motorsports lists them still. You can only get to them through yahooshopping.com. It says to call for availability, here's the link:
http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-1408381693991/jdmprtysfrli.html

Also, Inline-Four was supposed to get more of them in a long time ago. You might want to try them:
www.inlinefour.com

Personally, I was looking for the JDM Type-S lip at first, but at the time nobody had them in stock so I ended up getting the full USDM lip kit. The USDM kit is way more noticeable, but the Type-S lip is super rare. Type_sh_racer is the only Luder that I can think of off the top of my head that has a genuine JDM Type-S lip. On the other hand, you can see on this forum how many people have the full USDM lip kit.

·
Registered
351 Posts
BdoggPrelude said:
I doubt it. I've only seen the Type-S lips offered in black and white.
Crud. Ok, thanks man.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
Kap TypeSH said:
Crud. Ok, thanks man.
Don't let that disinterest you though. You can always get it painted. If you want an OEM lip, (JDM or USDM), get it now. The availability is going down and the prices are going up. Soon you'll be paying more for a used lip than you would for a new one now.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
edge2lyfe said:
I was thinking to just order the front under spoiler, have it repainted and get the stock trim painted as well.
If you want to go that route I'd highly suggest getting the JDM Type-S front lip. It looks a lot better with stock sideskirts than the US lip does. The USDM lip hangs too low to not be accompanied by bigger rear and sideskirts IMO.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I will consider your opinion. I was thinking, it's more economical to just order the entire kit in one shot because of the shipping charges.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts