Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the dilema.. around a 2months ago.. (1500miles back) i changed my right rear wheel bearing with brand new Honda OEM bearing.. but the last 2 weeks i've been hearing the bearing makeing noise and its been getting worse almost like the last few days before i changed the old bearing.. so i jacked my car up.. first (right side) the tire spins hardly (like before I changed the bearing) then i jacked up the left side spins smoothly and without applying to much force (like it should).

This is very odd.. for a brand new bearing..almost impossible to fuck up. Anyways i have 18" all around.. and from the guy who I bought the car he said.. that he cut the springs in the back.. and also that he ran over something.. and cracked the rear right rim (the one that im talking about) i tought that was the problem in the first place of my bearing. (He got a new rim and new tire)

Springs and shocks are stock..cuted in the back like I said... its a 99 SH

I still have the receipt of the bearing I can return it and put the new one in.. but im sure its going to fuck up too so im wondering what else could couse this?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Check to make sure that your e-brake is not stuck.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Roy said:
yes or it also could be a seized brake caliper that would need replacing.
thats what sounds like to me. the caliper piston could be seized up and pushing against your rotor

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
91preyludesi said:
thats what sounds like to me. the caliper piston could be seized up and pushing against your rotor
+1

did you take the caliper off and rotate it in smoothly? if it works well you don't need a screwdriver to get it all the way in, you can rotate it by hand

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grego said:
did you say your car is lower in the rear? that prolly looks really sweet.
the previous owner cut the springs in the back.. and the way he cuttem one side is higher then the other but thtats different subject.

and for the guys who think is the clipper, its not. A clipper could not fuck up my wheel bearing. like i said i put in a brand new OEM wheel bearing 2 months ago, and now this same bearing is fucked up.

When i puted in there was no problem for around 1000miles.. so not the calliper.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
and the caliper couldn't have seized within those 1000 miles? get real springs and a new bearing and see if you have issues

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
well, if they are uneven from side to side that might be why its not happenin on the other side. you can get stock springs cheap, and then take the bearing back and get a new one saying that one is bunk, and put them on together. you can probaby find some stock shocks/springs for pretty cheap. i dunno what condition your shocks are in, but probably not good.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i will probably buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8063601422&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT and put a new bearing in just in case.. since I can exchange my old one.. probably this will fix it. Something is cracked or bended i feel it.

Previus owner cracked his rim on the side that my bearing is fucking around.. so probably there was more damage then a flat tire and a cracked rim.. i will keep posteing with my progress.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
someone on here has stock shocks/springs for like 70. i'd do that to, cuz uneven from side to side isn't helping you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts