Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. Im about to turbo my car. I got a small question 4 u pros here.

In order to convert a 5th gen prelude 98 VTI Base from obd2 to obd1 i need a convertor harness.

BUT!
Now since I live in Sweden and got the EU Base model, there's some difference between the US and EU harness? Or is it just a "plug and play"? Really need some help on this if any1 knows.

Tnx!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they should be exactly the same
Hmm are you sure? Cuz I bougt a manual for the US model, and the "pins" were'nt exactly the same as the ones i got, well it's only like 2 pins that were different. only thing was that I didnt have them on my ecu! :hmmm: But if im going for like Hondata system, I need this one right (The harness)? Cuz it cant be done any other way? well cut wires tho, but thats not what i want to do :smurf:

Also, do I need to change my injectors and fuelpump? My goal is near 300hp, not whp. so about 280-300hp. If so, what "size" shall they be? also if any1 got a site that sells, plz post. i rather dont to any mods on them also, but if neccesary, heck ill do it.

Tnx!

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
US models have EGR, yours probably doesnt. thats probably the only thing different. and when putting a tuneable ecu in, the egr is no longer functional anyway, so it wouldnt matter.
you may not have a secondary o2 sensor as well, while US cars do. but again, when putting a tuneable ecu in, it no longer uses a secondary o2, so it wouldnt matter for that either.
i can't think of anything else that would be different

yes you do need to change your injectors. 450-550cc is best for that power.
you dont need to change the fuel pump, but i do suggest it. walbro 255HP (high pressure) is what i highly suggest

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now when u say it, it's correct. damn PRO help! Wiiih :emthup:

Ok tnx alot! But do you got a site that sells injectors? and as i said, I rather prefer not to mod them, I would like "take stock out and replace with new" :satisfied:

Rep 2 u!

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
i usually buy injectors on ebay.
any precision or rc injector that says its for a honda or dsm will be a direct drop in. the injector clips are different though, so you will need to get obd1 injector clips as well no matter what injector you get.

for the conversion harness, you want obd2a-obd1
and i see the links you posted are of boomslang harnesses. i'm a boomslang dealer and may be able to match or beat that deal. i'll have to get a quote tomorrow including shipping, and figure out the conversion to USD lol.
what country are you from?

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i usually buy injectors on ebay.
any precision or rc injector that says its for a honda or dsm will be a direct drop in. the injector clips are different though, so you will need to get obd1 injector clips as well no matter what injector you get.

for the conversion harness, you want obd2a-obd1
and i see the links you posted are of boomslang harnesses. i'm a boomslang dealer and may be able to match or beat that deal. i'll have to get a quote tomorrow including shipping, and figure out the conversion to USD lol.
what country are you from?
Ah okay! I just found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RC-Fuel-Injectors-Honda-Civic-Prelude-B18-440cc-440-cc_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33554QQihZ002QQitemZ120360591785QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ht_1497wt_1191
Thats incl clips, but about the price? is that a acceptable price?

About the fuelpump, I was looking for the wallbro 255, but couldnt find directo to a prelude, it that a universal? So if I buy like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WALBRO-255-FUEL-PUMP-92-00-HONDA-CIVIC-94-99-INTEGRA_W0QQitemZ150319681739QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item150319681739&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:727|65:12|39:1|240:1308#ht_763wt_1197
This would fit?

Well That harness cost for me 129EUR = 1382 SEK ~ 173 USD, not incl shipping tho! I think that's pretty expensive for some wires ;-)
I live in Sweden, Boras (Borås).

Well Oh one more thing, I do need a new ecu, cant use the one I got right?
So can i get a older Prelude ecu like 92-96 and install hondata s300 in it and then its pretty much it to tune?

And tnx again!!! :congrats::thrasher::dancing::adore::adore::adore::party:

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
173 USD?? wow!! i sell them for $90 USD, including shipping within the US.

the price on those injectors is about right

for the fuel pump, they do make kits for preludes, like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Walbro-255-LPH-HP-Fuel-Pump-1997-2001-Honda-Prelude_W0QQitemZ350112920032QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item350112920032&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

yes you would need a new ecu, but no you can not use an older prelude ecu, nothing can be done with any prelude ecu's.
you do need a tuneable ecu though, which i do sell in all forms; chipped, neptune rtp, chipped for use with crome or s200 or ectune...

pm me if you'd like to buy an ecu from me.
also, id you do buy an ecu from me, you could have me buy the injectors, fuel pump, and conversion harness, and ship everything at once with the ecu, it would save you a large amount of money on shipping. let me know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts