Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I have a P28 ecu from phearable tuned for a obd 1 converted h23 blue top that was in my 91 accord (crashed). My question is if I get the conversion harness for the obd2 to obd1 ecu, will I either need to reprogram my ecu or will I need to use obd1 h22 injectors and wire in the resistor box? If so can't I just use a obd1 prelude harness? So I don't have to wire in the box just get a injector conversion kit from ebay.

I was hearing some say that all I needed was the conversion harness for the ecu, but those injectors I will be using are 280cc, smaller than what the ecu was tuned for (345). Is this gonna be an issue?

What do i need to easily convert this to obd1 besides a conversion harness? So it runs really well I mean.

Dizzy has to be JDM I know that and converted to external coil(not hard), and so I know I can use my JDM oil pump and not worry about the crank sensors and all that bs. Its just this is the thing the injectors. I just don't know. Lol

Thanks

·
'01 Milano Red - BB615
982 Posts
So you're swapping an H23A VTEC into your 2001 Prelude and using the existing OBD2 engine harness?

- For the ECU, you need an OBD2A to OBD1 conversion harness like this one: http://www.hamotorsports.com/obd2atoobd1.html

- The injectors that came with the H23A should be OBD2 unless they aren't original.

- The dizzy that comes with the H23A can be used, but needs the Rywire conversion harness and some custom wiring for the tach wire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts