Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
im very new to preludepower and im sorry if i've been asking questions that has already been answered so many times. I blew the motor in my 98 and i know there's a few things to get and use for a 4th gen h22 into my 98...how about just getting an obd2 h23 vtec into my 98? Everything should be the same yeah...? Inlcluding the ecu, injectors, distributor, crank sesnor....unless someone knows different. Any info will be great!!! Thanks

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Hey guys,
im very new to preludepower and im sorry if i've been asking questions that has already been answered so many times. I blew the motor in my 98 and i know there's a few things to get and use for a 4th gen h22 into my 98...how about just getting an obd2 h23 vtec into my 98? Everything should be the same yeah...? Inlcluding the ecu, injectors, distributor, crank sesnor....unless someone knows different. Any info will be great!!! Thanks
You'll still have to confront challenges in those areas...CKP and TDC were put on the crank snout of OBD2 US cars, but not OBD2 JDM cars.
Your existing engine has the parts you'll need, though.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Im wondering this too. Old thread I know...
Could I swap the alternator and oil pump from my H22 and run it off my H22 ECU or maybe off an H23A ECU? Will the H23A auto ecu throw a code if I use my 5 speed tranny? Otherwise it will all plug it?

Thanks,
Thundernoodle

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Depends on what junk is on the IM, but I guess that could be swapped.

H23A ECU might be OBD2B.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
It is the only problem I see is that they were all autos. wouldnt it throw a cel if suddenly there was a 5-speed? Whats the diff. between obd2b and obd2a mines a 1997 so its odb2a right?

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
All preludes are OBD2A.

Couldn't say for sure what it would do.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Anyone with a tranny swap run their auto ecu with a 5 speed tranny? What does it do? I figure if I get the H23A I can run the H22 ecu gently for emissions and swap the H23A for normal "spirited" driving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just ordered the h23vtec a week ago. The motor should be here by friday and project will hopefully be done sat/sun. I'll ask my buddy who's doing the swap for me to list anything that needs to be done/converted and post it up for you. I talked to steve at hmotors and he said it wouldn't be to difficult a swap.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I just ordered the h23vtec a week ago. The motor should be here by friday and project will hopefully be done sat/sun. I'll ask my buddy who's doing the swap for me to list anything that needs to be done/converted and post it up for you. I talked to steve at hmotors and he said it wouldn't be to difficult a swap.
Nice rep for you if you come through. Are you trying to keep it OBD2 passable? LMK EVERYTHING lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts