Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 prelude that I race on dirt and I am need of some ecu tuning. I have read a little on some obd0 tuning but have a few questions about it. first question is which tuning do you get the best results from? Although it may cost me a little more to convert to obd1, if it is going to benefit me more, then that is what I will do. To my knowledge, I replace and adapt the obd1 distributor and harness and as well the Ecm harness and odb1 Ecm. But then how do I obtain the custom tunes or maps???? If I can remain the obd0 and remap or tune my ecm and get the same amount of gains, then I will stay with obd0. I am learning as I go so please all opinions and info greatly help. Thanks so much

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the dirt track front wheel drive class, the cars and engine must remain stock or stock appearing so doing the swap is out of the question for me. I know that I should probably go with a different or newer car but this one is race ready. I am just looking to bump the hp any way possible. The reason I m going to tune the ecm weather I convert it over or not is because I am looking to do a regrind on the cam, some head porting and possible valve work, intake porting, look into a throttle body swap or try to open mine up a few millimeters, and also was going to dig into asking if there was another factory injector that would help me out as well or just running my stock injection with a tune be sufficient enough. What do you think?? If I can spend five or six hundred and get some petty decent power gains I will be happy and I feel that I should but I'm no expert just learning as I go. Any info would be great and thanks for your help

·
Registered
100 Posts
In the dirt track front wheel drive class, the cars and engine must remain stock or stock appearing so doing the swap is out of the question for me. I know that I should probably go with a different or newer car but this one is race ready. I am just looking to bump the hp any way possible. The reason I m going to tune the ecm weather I convert it over or not is because I am looking to do a regrind on the cam, some head porting and possible valve work, intake porting, look into a throttle body swap or try to open mine up a few millimeters, and also was going to dig into asking if there was another factory injector that would help me out as well or just running my stock injection with a tune be sufficient enough. What do you think?? If I can spend five or six hundred and get some petty decent power gains I will be happy and I feel that I should but I'm no expert just learning as I go. Any info would be great and thanks for your help
Dig around here some more. There have been 1 or 2 OBD-0 to OBD-1 swaps. IIRC, it entails customizing a OBD-1 distributor to fit on the A20 head, and converting connectors and injection over to OBD-1. There are OBD-0-OBD-1 adapters on the market. Also, the Prelude is wired exactly the same as any OBD-0 Honda, so you don't need to find Prelude specific info.

Anyways, someone on here has done it and has pics of the procedure. Good luck with your project!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts