Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what ecu is factory and what can mottoxman do for me i have know idea bout this topic mods are not much 3" mandrel exhaust ram air intake b20a head with only these bolt on will a upgraded ecu see any gains after tuned or do i really need to open things up and spend big bucks on bolt ons like cams and or cam gears i really dnt know as you can tell but id be interested in learning what gains would be possible with my curent set up

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
lol.
if your car is an 89, than it is obd0 pk2.
which also means that to be able to use a chipped ecu, you would also need a conversion harness. the chipped ecu is $200 shipped, and the conversion harness is $150 shipped. it's a genuine boomslang 3g prelude specific obd0-obd1 conversion harness (preludes are wired a bit differently than other obd0 hondas). i'm a dealer for boomslang. normal price directly from boomslang is $160 shipped, so by buying through me you save $10 on the harness.

but here's an example of the difference between stockish and tuned. same car, identical setup (this is a b21 though with some minor portwork), thin line is stock ecu, thick line is tuned, so you can see for yourself the difference it made:

as you can see, not much was gained in higher rpms, but a heck of a lot of power was gained in low and midrange.
this car had a full stock exhaust on it though, so in your case with a bigger exhaust, higher end should be much better

1 - 3 of 3 Posts