Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a obd 1 conversion about a year ago and tuned it but I seem to have 1 small problem. I searched and didnt come up with much. What happens is every time I put gas in the car it has a hard time starting back up. So what I found is that if I press down the gas pedal just a little bit it will chug for a little while like its not getting enough gas then after about 30 sec goes back to normal. I never seem to have the problem any other time starting the car just only when I try after putting gas in. I guess I not even sure if this is a obd 1 problem but I never had the problem untill I did the conversion.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or is this normal?

·
Wonder Bread
1,905 Posts
Corbin said:
I did a obd 1 conversion about a year ago and tuned it but I seem to have 1 small problem. I searched and didnt come up with much. What happens is every time I put gas in the car it has a hard time starting back up. So what I found is that if I press down the gas pedal just a little bit it will chug for a little while like its not getting enough gas then after about 30 sec goes back to normal. I never seem to have the problem any other time starting the car just only when I try after putting gas in. I guess I not even sure if this is a obd 1 problem but I never had the problem untill I did the conversion.

fuel pump or even fuel filter??

·
Registered
297 Posts
i was wondering about the OB1 and OB2 when did they implament the OB2....was it 1997 or like cars that were 97'?

like if a lude was a 97, but was made in december 96' would it have ob1?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Corbin said:

it might be caused from the ecu's tuneing or the way it handles the evap , one way to find out is to put the obd2 ecu back in the next time you fill up...if I had to guess is your car is 99+ and it has somthing to do with the way the evap system works because I herd of problems when people swaped 97-98 ecu's with 99-01's

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Silver333 said:
i was wondering about the OB1 and OB2 when did they implament the OB2....was it 1997 or like cars that were 97'?

like if a lude was a 97, but was made in december 96' would it have ob1?
OBDI = 92-95
OBDII= 96-present

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a 99 base I tuned it with crome and a base map I bought because in my area there are no tuners. but I dont think the tune is the problem.

Stereo , I had thought the same thing that you did seems to have something to do with the tank back pressure because I also can recreate the problitem if I leave the car on and open the fuel cap.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Stereo , I had thought the same thing that you did seems to have something to do with the tank back pressure because I also can recreate the problitem if I leave the car on and open the fuel cap.[/quote]

I think on the 99 the purge system when you shut the engine off does somthing to the fuel vapers like store it in the purge canister and when you open the gas cap releave the pressure or somthing after filling up the stock computer shuts the purge from going into the intake but the OBD1 one doesn't know better and lets the fuel vapers go into the intake after filling up and causes it to run rich or flood until it pulls the vapors out. try disconnecting the purge going into the intake and see if that fixes your problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help I will try and see if that helps. if that doesnt help I think that Ill just have to live with it. At least I have some idea of whats going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts