Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be turboing my third gen, is it absolutely neccesay to do the 2 wire to 4 wire o2 censor, or can i get by without having to do it? I looked at the diy link that is in one of the stickied topics, and im not sure if i understand how to do it my self. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Yes, you can get by without having it. It justs cuts done on how many holes you need and makes cleaner a setup.

·
Registered
171 Posts
who is gunna do your turbo? Sorry man but if you don't feel comfortable doing the O2 sensor than how are you gunna do the turbo. Just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
ya that makes alot of sence to me. if you cant splice, solder, and heat shrink wires dont attempt a turbo setup. ne ways to your question. i was talking to the guy that will be tuning my lude and hes said that with chrome he can get by without a 4 wire o2. I still want the 4 wire because the have self contained heating elements that help them warm up sooner. this helps the computer to get into closed loop faster ( or is it open loop) i always get them mixed up.

ne ways, a 4 wire o2 also reads and sends signals alot faster then a single wire does. and for those reasons alone is why im getting a 4 wire o2.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the response, but just cuz i dont feel comfortable with the wire aspect of the turbo setup doesnt mean i cant do it by myself. I just have a harder time understanding what wires go where, and when i see diagrams i get confused

·
Registered
317 Posts
if you are going turbo i would highly recomend getting a wide band O2 sensor. Your gonna need it for tuning the engine once you have it all done. The better the tune them more power,mileage, and miles you get out of the motor. You don't wanna cheap out and gernade your motor.

Good luck with your build man.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know tuning is the key to a turbo setup, i just wanted to know if it was absolutely necessary to put in a 4 wire instead of using the 2 wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts