Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Love the power of H
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I want to keep my car looking stockish and i want to put nsx callipers on my 5th gen. does any one have any info on this or have done it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
ok I want to keep my car looking stockish and i want to put nsx callipers on my 5th gen. does any one have any info on this or have done it.
I've seen it done before. Don't know if it's complicated or not, but VTi BB8 on preludeonline had them on his car. He's not around much anymore but he definitely still has pics of it up if you wanna check them out.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Its not to hard you have to machine a certain amount off the mounting brackets so the will line up with the rotors. I think there is a write up on Honda-tech.com

Good luck finding NSX calipers, If you find a good place let me know.
^^^^^ duhhhhhh its called the acura dealership......LOL they would only be like $500000000 a piece

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
^^^^^ duhhhhhh its called the acura dealership......LOL they would only be like $500000000 a piece
they are only $800 a piece, best bet is to find a used pair.:laugh:

Good luck. I've been checking forums, ebay, lots of places. Hard to come by

·
Registered
763 Posts
what kinda power are you putting down to require a brake upgrade?

for a cheaper alternative, use Acura Legend Calipers.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Another alternative is a custom Wilwood 4-piston caliper setup with new 12.2" rotors from fastbrakes.com. Also includes pads, brake lines, and the proper adapters.

And yes, Wilwood makes quality calipers. They're usually used as domestic aftermarket, kit cars, and purpose built vehicles.

http://fastbrakes.com/shop/index.php?cPath=28_127

850$ for the whole kit.

I know you want to keep the car looking stockish, but with those 12.2" rotors you can still probably run the stock blades plus its easier than piecing together a NSX or Legend kit (trust me I know). And the Wilwood 4-pistons they use aren't *huge* by any means. They are a improvement over stock though.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just posting some pics of the calipers used in their kits.

Dynalite Calipers (4-piston) used in their 850$ package (picture sourced from web, Miata setup)

SL4 Calipers (4 piston) used in their 1350$ package (picture sourced from web, custom rear setup)

SL6 caliper (6 piston) used in their 1650$ package (picture sourced from web)

·
Registered
417 Posts
what kinda power are you putting down to require a brake upgrade?

for a cheaper alternative, use Acura Legend Calipers.
Keep in mind also only one trim of the Acura Legend came with the 2-piston design.

I found this out after going to several parts store for prices and kept running into single piston fronts. I had to dig a bit to find a store that actually stocked the 2-piston ones that came on the GS and Type II Acura Legends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts