1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
You myron?
1,540 Posts
First the Supra/Lexus supercar now the NSX. Damn I guess only Nissan had the balls to go fourth with their plans. That sucks, I was really looking forward to this car.

·
Registered
581 Posts
WOW! i cant believe that, i think all of us were lookin foward to seein how the new NSX turned out. i also cant believe honda isnt gonna have an F1 team this year, last i heard Jenson Button was looking to come to another team but i didnt expect them to go belly up like that.

This sucks

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
First the Supra/Lexus supercar now the NSX. Damn I guess only Nissan had the balls to go fourth with their plans. That sucks, I was really looking forward to this car.
the IS-F? they did that...

Sad news. I heard about the F1 a week or so ago when my buddy text me about it...I was like WTF!? :(

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
A used NSX will be my next car. :)

There is no reason whatsoever to be upset about the death of the next NSX.

It was a bastard anyway. There was NO DNA related to the original game changing supercar that started it all.

It was ugly as sin. Volkswagen'ish at best.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

This is most definately a GOOD thing. The only thing to make this news any better would be the report of the individual tasked with plotting, designing, and bringing the product to market being terminated for this epic failure in product planning.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
You myron?
1,540 Posts
the IS-F? they did that...

Sad news. I heard about the F1 a week or so ago when my buddy text me about it...I was like WTF!? :(
Lol I know the is-f was done, my friend has one. I was talking about the LF-A which some people called the supra.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Expensive ass car man. The average MF is not gonna have that one.

I wonder how many people are gonna ride the V8 powered 2009 Hyundai Genesis. Next to Hyundai's, the Chrysler's wheelbase stretches an extra 4.4 inches. The 300C is also longer and taller, but offers a smaller interior and trunk. To beat Genesis 4.6 to 60 in a 300C, you'd need the 425-horse SRT8.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The "new nsx" was in no way supposed to be an nsx. Just a replacement in their supercar slot. But really cars don't need to look at all like the old one to be a replacement. Think about the newest gen mustang vs the one before it. Totally different. Granted a honda midengine v10 would have been sick, but it wasn't required.

That said, I'm bummed this happened. It seems weird to me that they put all the r&d and time into it but canceled it when the economy got bad instead of simply delaying. I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a delay. I'm sure hoping so! I was excited for honda to show some muscle
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Hmm, something is up with honda, they might be rethinking their hole business model. Dropping a F1 team is one thing killing a flag ship vehicle is another. I don't think the NSX is dead. That's too much R&D to just shelf. More then likely Acura wont be a brand in japan for a very long time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
fuckin boo. this is bull shit i was totally stoked about this car coming out. I blame the eco friendly tee hugging **** and their ultra sub compact battery operated terds trending the auto market away from cars that define " Driving Experience ". Ohh you cant produce a car that only gets 15 miles to the gallon on the interstate. Its not environmentally friendly. Cant you make it a hybrid? Stupid hippies.

·
Registered
518 Posts
anyway...
didn't even looked like a honda concept...

makes me love the old nsx even more.

about the f1 thing...
ok,they left... so?
all this crap just cause they were first to leave. nothing else.
even the FERRARI told something about a possibility they could leave the f1.

suzuki and subaru left the rally world...
i mean... THE SUBARU LEFT THE RALLY? just after the new preza?
makes you think...

but what the hell... both the new supra and the new nsx should have been a pain in the ass to the gt-r. turned out it could be otherwise, the gtr like a BIG pain in the ass for the toyota and the honda.
maybe the just recalled the concepts so they could make something more competitive against the nissan new handling ability and tech improvements?

will see...

but as i see it now?
legends live forever.
ayrton, soichiro, the nsx...
thank you.
i love honda.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think Ferrari's reasoning for possibly pulling out of F1 is because they were going to consolidate the engines and stuff a la Indy Car. That would take the competitiveness out of the sport in my opinion, but it would be hella cheaper.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Hmm, something is up with honda, they might be rethinking their hole business model. Dropping a F1 team is one thing killing a flag ship vehicle is another. I don't think the NSX is dead. That's too much R&D to just shelf. More then likely Acura wont be a brand in japan for a very long time.
Is there such a thing as an "Acura" in Japan? Last I heard it was always the Honda NSX over there.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
i think the new models did the original nsx no justice at all. i'm very glad they decided to drop it. way overpriced, not enough power and looked like poo IMO.

makes me appreciate the originals even more.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Is there such a thing as an "Acura" in Japan? Last I heard it was always the Honda NSX over there.
It was suppose to come out in japan about the NSX came out. The NSX was going to be the acura's flag ship car. For the record, I was never a fan of the hole acura concept it reminds me to much of ford's mecury.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts