Honda Prelude Forum banner

NRG Steering Wheel Products

10K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  bo4wser91si 
#1 ·
The NRG deep dish steering wheel, 2.5 quick release, short hub, and hub lock are freaking amazing and made with great quality.

I got all of the above in black/leather and the finish on them is impeccable, not even a single flaw in them.

The install was extremely easy apart from a few setbacks because I was not familar with a few things in the srs hub and what not and had to figure it out on my own.

The feel of this setup is great. It feels more aggressive than the oem wheel and is lighter as well. The quick release is also solid, easy to use, and fun.

The reason for buying this besides aesthetics, feel, weight reduction, and overall sickness was security. Hopefully not having a steering wheel in the car and a lock on the hub will deter criminals from putting their dirty paws on my car.

Finish 5/5

Install 5/5

Feel 5/5

Security 5/5

Sickness 10/5

See less See more
#11 ·
The reason for buying this besides aesthetics, feel, weight reduction, and overall sickness was security. Hopefully not having a steering wheel in the car and a lock on the hub will deter criminals from putting their dirty paws on my car.
I doubt that, since this brand is becoming well known thieves are adding the nrg qr to their list of items they need to rob a vehicle now days.
Plus with the way the lock was designed with only 1 bearing, its simple to either break off and remove, NRG can only make so many different keys on top of that.
If the thieve is lucky they might have your key as well and just put it in a drive away with their steering wheel.

I know this because my brothers SI was stolen this way, even tho he had viper alarm, cell phone immobilizer, clutch lock, and the NRG setup.

They took it within 30 minutes which is :eek:mg:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.