Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know I have a '92 Prelude Si with an H22A swapped in. After much deliberation, I've decided to take the engine out, and swap it into my '95. The only problem is, my '95 is an S model. Does this make a difference? I've searched and searched, but have only found swap DIY's for Si models. Will I need anything extra to perform this swap or is it all pretty much the same?

Also, would my F22 transmission be better to go with the H22 engine? I've heard it has longer gears in it. Any truth to this?

Thanks guys.

-Matt :smilejap:

·
Registered
303 Posts
You wouldnt need an H22 harness, its all OBD1, its all plug and play. The only thing you would have to do since yours is an 'S' is some wiring for the vtec. I believe the 'SI' had the wiring already in the harness for vtec.

As for the F22 tranny I have heard that you actually drop out of vtec at every shift. Either way, I would just stick with the H22 tranny.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So since I've already got the H22 wiring harness all hooked up to the engine, I should be ok then right? I've got the engine in a '92 Si right now.

I won't have to switch it over to OBD2 since it's going into a '95? Or does that start in a later model?

And yea, I definately wouldn't want to fall out of VTEC every shift.. H22 tranny it is then. Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Supercharged_VTEC said:
So since I've already got the H22 wiring harness all hooked up to the engine, I should be ok then right? I've got the engine in a '92 Si right now.

I won't have to switch it over to OBD2 since it's going into a '95? Or does that start in a later model?

And yea, I definately wouldn't want to fall out of VTEC every shift.. H22 tranny it is then. Thanks!

Well when you swap the engine out, do you plan on switching over the harness as well? That would seem like a lot of work... I would just rather do the wiring for vtec.

And yes, all cars switched to obd2 in 96 even though the h22a1 was still in the 96's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts