Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I very rarely do street racing... but i had 2 stop race vs a toyota solara v6.. and i holded him :) first stop he started a bit first + had a train track to pass, so i didnt done my best accel... next stop we started togerther and i was first the whole race like 0-100 km/h

thats have relly surprised me

:)

dc headers and clutch stage1 that all i have

i wanted to partage this moment whit you guys

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Wow I barely understood what you said above, you must be a heavy french speaking Canadian, nice job on the runs though.

On a side note won't be surprised if this thread gets relocated.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow I barely understood what you said above, you must be a heavy french speaking Canadian, nice job on the runs though.

On a side note won't be surprised if this thread gets relocated.
relocated in trash... its all about 3gen here, saying how i was surprised to be in front of a toyota solara v6

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
I very rarely do street racing... but i had 2 stop race vs a toyota solara v6.. and i holded him :) first stop he started a bit first + had a train track to pass, so i didnt done my best accel... next stop we started togerther and i was first the whole race like 0-100 km/h

thats have relly surprised me

:)

dc headers and clutch stage1 that all i have

i wanted to partage this moment whit you guys
Can you translate that for those of us who really aren't street racers? I think you were saying that you beat a v6 solara with your basically stock 3rd gen. Which is hard to believe unless the driver of that Solara doesn't know how to drive his car. Stock 3rd gens aren't fast. The v6 solara has, I believe, 200hp and about 215 lb-ft of torque. It shouldn't have even been close.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i can see that i raced a extended cab v8 toyota truck thing and i straight up smoked him

all i have is a
b20a with blown rings (compression is down 40psi per cyl)
stage 1 clutch
Minor p/p job on head.
intake

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Can you translate that for those of us who really aren't street racers? I think you were saying that you beat a v6 solara with your basically stock 3rd gen. Which is hard to believe unless the driver of that Solara doesn't know how to drive his car. Stock 3rd gens aren't fast. The v6 solara has, I believe, 200hp and about 215 lb-ft of torque. It shouldn't have even been close.
Assuming it was a 1st Gen Solara 99-03 it came with 220hp and 215ft lbs.

Chances are it was an automatic and thusly, slow as fuck not to mention they are notoriously pig heavy.

A good fresh condition 3rd gen 5spd vs a solara? It wouldn't surprise me if the op actually hung even.

Now 5spd for 5spd? Yeah it wouldn't have been close

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
not a street race fan either. Too many passer byes have been killed from the movie fast and furious. If you want to show your testosterone leave it for the track. Otherwise only on a limited intersect highway like a rural toll road or the autobahn. I am talking minimum 30 mile intersects or 150 miles or more. I was once on one of these roads and a ferrarri enzo passed through gates at same time as me but went on to greener pastures. It had a dealer tag and I am sure the driver was in heaven delivering it to the owner.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
How does anyone really know? The driver could of been in his 50's and has mechanical ability and race ability of a slug. Hell I live next door to one that summers in arizona. He came back at winters end and found the car wouldn't start. He paid a tow truck or car service to come out and tell him why for more than the cost of a new battery why his car wouldn't start. My presumption is he doesn't even know what a car battery looks like. He is a super geeky accountant after all.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
toyota was driving by a young foul... and i assume it was probably a automatics car.. mine is standar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts