Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would like to know if anybody has a part number to the bumper lip that came with non-US 3rd gen Preludes? Please refer to the inserted image. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hello, I would like to know if anybody has a part number to the bumper lip that came with non-US 3rd gen Preludes? Please refer to the inserted image. Thanks. View attachment 27596
Long ago discontinued. But here you go.

71110-SF1-000

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you, much appreciated.

I searched the forum with the part number, and apparently there was a decent effort to get the lips brought over here. So the idea just fizzled out due to high shipping costs and not enough people trying to step up?

You had mentioned you had a number in your possession, might that be the case ten years later?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
thank you, much appreciated.

I searched the forum with the part number, and apparently there was a decent effort to get the lips brought over here. So the idea just fizzled out due to high shipping costs and not enough people trying to step up?

You had mentioned you had a number in your possession, might that be the case ten years later?

Yes. The shipping is very expensive because of the size. Before even getting to that point, used ones need to be sourced from someone out in Europe or Japan. Which is another hassle in itself. I was fortunate to buy 4 new ones (2 front and 2 rear) from Honda Netherlands back in the early 2000s through another member here that is no longer active and moved on to another chassis.

Closest thing is 1funryd when he's able to get some going.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. The shipping is very expensive because of the size. Before even getting to that point, used ones need to be sourced from someone out in Europe or Japan. Which is another hassle in itself. I was fortunate to buy 4 new ones (2 front and 2 rear) from Honda Netherlands back in the early 2000s through another member here that is no longer active and moved on to another chassis.

Closest thing is 1funryd when he's able to get some going.
Would you consider selling one of them? Doesn't hurt to ask, I suppose. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts