Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im hearing a funny clanking noise when i accelerate under the car. i checked the exhaust, nothing loose. i can only hear it if theres another car next to me or im next to a barracade on the freeway. anyone have this problem. driving an 88 prelude si 2.0

·
Registered
330 Posts
lude&crude88 said:
im hearing a funny clanking noise when i accelerate under the car. i checked the exhaust, nothing loose. i can only hear it if theres another car next to me or im next to a barracade on the freeway. anyone have this problem. driving an 88 prelude si 2.0
That "clacking" sound could possibly be your valves. Maybe there isn't enough oil getting there, or 1 or more of your valves are stuck open. Check your oil level and add if needed.

Here are some suggestions: if you can afford it, replace the valves, if not, turn your music up louder until you can afford new valves.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ya my 91 dose somthing like that but wen i just stomp it it doesnt do it ...most of the time its at like 2500rpm in 1st and idk wats up either

·
Registered
129 Posts
Prelude of Red said:
That "clacking" sound could possibly be your valves. Maybe there isn't enough oil getting there, or 1 or more of your valves are stuck open. Check your oil level and add if needed.

Here are some suggestions: if you can afford it, replace the valves, if not, turn your music up louder until you can afford new valves.
Uh, or simply do a valve adjustment?

Valves will make a consistent "clicking" noise during normal engine operation. Usually it's more noticable during idle. Is this sound erratic? Does it clank once, then stop for awhile? Or is it a consistent noise?

·
Registered
41 Posts
can sticky valves or just plain burnt valves make the engine make some crazy loud almost grinding like engine noise? my car almost stalls out sometimes and it makes the noise from 3500 rpm all the way up just getting louder as it goes with a considerable power loss please help im hoping shes not lost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts