Honda Prelude Forum banner

No spark to the coil

594 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  3lude3 
#1 ·
I have an 89 prelude SI, I have replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, and the coil. I still have no spark to the coil while turning the car over, while searching for solutions I found a test where I back probe the igniter at the wire that goes to the ECU And I hook a test light up to the negative battery terminal and tap the back probe while the coil wire is close to the ground and I get spark from the coil whenever I do this test.

What could cause the coil to not get spark whenever I try to turn over the engine? Could it be a bad crankshaft position sensor?

#3 ·
Hey if you figure out the issue would you please be willing to help me I’m having the same issue, replaced ext ign, igniter, new cap and rotor, wires, plugs. Gone through all the sensors, tried the paper clip to test the ecu and no flashes from the ecu. I have no idea what’s wrong with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.