Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently my car hs been losing pwoer downlow. The engine response downlow is rediculously horrible, and my intake at idle doenst seem to be sucking in the air it should be sucking, u dont hear the intake sucking or anything. i jsut cant seem to find what the problem is . any ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a manual, no CEL, jsut replaced fuel filter, timignbelt being done now doign manual tensioner conversion, im at 72k.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it hanst been replaced , but the clutch is still good, but the clutch wouldnt be why my intake isnt sucking in the proper amount of air at idle . the filter is new.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
gfresh86 said:
it hanst been replaced , but the clutch is still good, but the clutch wouldnt be why my intake isnt sucking in the proper amount of air at idle . the filter is new.
Read it wrong. Sorry thought you had lost of power through out the whole time.

Check the throttle may be a lil sticky.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
since when do preludes have 4 head gaskets?

LOL

+1 for cleaning the filter. When was the last time you replaced:

- cap and rotor
- plugs and plug wires
- injector cleaner
-...basic tune ups

·
Registered
61 Posts
latigidyblod said:
worst is the head gasket is blown so its mixing all the coolant oil and gas. i just blew all 4 of mine and its gonna cost me atleast 1000
you blew your head gasket on all 4 cylinders? is your car NA? i hope not.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all the tuneups are done except for the cap and rotor part, my plugs and wires are fine, my wires read 2k ohms on all for so there still good. but i dont get hwo this will cause my intake to not suck in the proper amount of air at idle. the filter is brand new and it does it when the fitler is off too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts