Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i go to a firends house to start my audi headlights and BAM oil light starts flashing so like any idiot i check the dip stick and wipe it off only to find that i have absoutley no oil... um wtf caused this? lol im losing oil somewere or maybe burning but i dont smoke from my exhaust so im lost and not very motor inclined.... help please!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, your suppposed to check your oil when your car is cold and on level ground or it will give you an un-accurate reading. Try adding some oil to see when the light stops flashing.

Edit: Then look for your source of the problem.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Agreed. Put some oil in it, see if the light goes off. Make sure your oil pan bolt is tight (it's under the car, underneath the motor).

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
is it leaking somewhere? maybe by the vtec solenoid? or somewhere obscure that you wouldn't see spots on the driveway?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Where you running it hard? I know if I run mine hard (i.e. above 4k) for a while it uses a little bit of oil.

Edit: H23 here also.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok two quarts of oil makes it between the two dots on my dip stick... that cant be enough to fill it up... and my oil light isnt flashing anymore but still no idea of what happen to my prevous oil..
=[
So you were two quarts low. The dipstick doesn't represent ALL the oil you have. IIRC, the difference in level between the two marks is ~1.0 quart.

·
Registered
32 Posts
two quarts is sounds about right. check your oil more often. older cars just burn a little weather you notice it or not so you better keep a good eye on it. you probably dont have a major leak, you'd notice parked in a garage. when was the last time you checked it dude?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts