Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where else to ask. I've had 3 different people tell me multiple different things from bad oil pump, timing issues, and spun rod bearings. I dont want to junk the car if its fixable. Can anyone help?

·
Administrator
6,729 Posts
Help us help you. Let us start with asking what have you checked?

If you've already had 3 different opinions on what the issue could be, one would assume you've begun looking into those suggested areas.

·
Registered
67 Posts
lol...+1 on that....so EXACTLY what has happened so far...assume your in the wintess box being Xexamined...please provide your prepared statement..to start

WHAT HAPPENED to bring you here ? (we're HAPPY your here....just have some questions)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on my way home and when I got to an incline its started making a weird grinding noise. I pulled over, turned the car off. No smoke or fluids. Get back in the car. Car wont start and doest have oil pressure and the engine thumps as I try to turn it over.

·
Administrator
6,729 Posts
I was on my way home and when I got to an incline its started making a weird grinding noise. I pulled over, turned the car off. No smoke or fluids. Get back in the car. Car wont start and doest have oil pressure and the engine thumps as I try to turn it over.

There won't be oil pressure if the motor is not running.

Did your timing belt break? You mentioned it was suggested, but did you inspect it yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts