Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the honda dealership the other day to get some seatbelts for my 90 3g on warranty. I went through the warranty process where they get all your info ad the vehicle info. I get a call about a half an hour later telling me that Honda doesnt make the seat belts for our cars any more. WTF? Does anyone know more about this or is the dealership full of shit?
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Try a different dealer, or contact honda of america. 800-999-1009

·
Registered
158 Posts
damn, let us know what the results are man

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
One of my friends had his replaced recently, said they used 5th gen belts. Maybe he had the same problem or my local Honda techs are retrofitting gurus?

·
Registered
109 Posts
i just called about getting my replaced last weekend and my dealer old me to bring her down. so it might just be that dealer dickn u around

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i'll see what i can find out tuesday.

tho, i'd not be surprised to find out that USDM only seatbelts that were prone to wear out might finally run out of stock 18 years after the last car rolled out of the factory.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
PDX88lude was over here the other day and honda called him about it and hes supposed to be getting them replaced..

they have to honor the warranty.. if theres no more, they have to make more.

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
Since I posted that service bulletin a while back I think there has been a huge surge of warranty replacements going on, it wouldn't surprise me if they ran out of them in North America.

If your dealer says they are discontinued you really should call Honda of America and let them know, because the dealer is unlikely to do it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
While im in my car the belt works fine, but when I get out I have to feed it back in the door, and also the seat belt retractor circuit is causing a draw, I currently have the fuse pulled, and sometimes the seat belt warning light is on and sometimes the buzzer goes off this is seperate from the draw problem, would any of this fall under the warenty? I think everything but the retracion part is sort of a grey area.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Are you talking about the Buckle Recall or the Retractable Belt Lifetime Warranty???

The first time I went to my dealer was back in July...they were out of GraphiteBlack. After reading a recent thread a month ago, I went back (the service guy also remembered my car, haha) and the Buckles were Available again!--got those installed no prob about two weeks ago!

Last week, I went back to have the Belts checked--under the Lifetime Seatbelt Warraty--(Dealership said: Driver's side doesn't retract properly (duh!) but the Passenger side was OK for now...something about how H. won't replace it until it's completely NOT retracting...and I could bring it back if it gets worse. (Crap, Both belts retract poorly not just the driver's. Oh well.)

ANYWAY: My Driver's Side belt is On Order as we speak. I'll let you know if I have any problems getting it.

-B.

·
Registered
118 Posts
theres no way they can run out. its all a matter of spring loaded retraction. i took some seat belt retractors out of an 89 ford bronco 2 and they work better than they would stock.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Replaced

I had both of mine replaced about 4 weeks ago, no problem. They checked that they were not retracting and immediately ordered them. Got them installed, works great!

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
tis true, they run out of the popular colors on occasion, ie graphite black. they ALWAYS are able to get the camel tan though. i wonder why haha.

but anyways, one other thing, some people have lucked out and were able to get theirs in a different color than the car originally came with. but the warranty actually only covers the same color to be put in as what the car originally came with. so to those with ugly color ones, dont get your hopes up about getting new belts in your fav color, they usually wont do it.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
yea i was talking to a buddy the other day and he said when he went all they had left was black. not like it matters to me, i have a salvage

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have the camel tan interior and thas what they said they didnt have. but who knows im going o call honda directly and see whats up.
Posted via Mobile

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
It's worth noting that if you cause enough of a stink they'll have to go out and MAKE more of them. You can sue 'em if they don't.
A lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty.

As an example there is a seatbelt issue with 78-79 Triumph TR7's that required a TSB and lifetime warranty.
Triumph's parent company, British leyland, failed and sold to BMW in 1981/82 and hasn't made a car since.
However, if i had an effected TR7 i could rumble down to my local BMW dealership and demand that they fix it, and they would, because they have to.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
honda called me back today and i swear to god that all the information that you tell them goes in one ear and out the other ear. retards. i had to explain the hole situation all over again to someone different but he assured me hed look into it and find me some replacement parts. ill belive it when i see it.
Posted via Mobile

1 - 20 of 20 Posts