Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a CF hood from ebay a month ago. Still didn't receive, gave them a call. They called the shippin company. Apparently it got "lost". Now they don't have any to give me, apparently its on backorder or some shit. Now I'm withouth a CF hood. They gave the money back but thats not what I want =(

·
Registered
291 Posts
yeah that does suck, sorry to hear that. i guess i got lucky, i got mine on ebay from an individual for 150.00. keep looking you will find one

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
yo sorry to hear that man I bought mine off ebay too for $112 it just got here today and I bought it a month ago!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
yeh all the big companies like vis and seibon are all out of stock on a lot of hoods because of a big carbon fiber shortage.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Ebay = piece of crap
not necessarilly(sp?), you just have to watch out for the person you're dealing with. I've bought a few stuff off of there and so have a bunch of other ppl i know. I also know someone who lost $3,000 on an item. He got raped big time..no lube:(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah i know someone who bought a car on ebay, went all the way through and won a range rover for like $14k, sent the cash all at once and got an email the next day saying the car was sold locally and that he couldn't get a refund. He eventually got the money back but still i don't like using ebay....

yeah that cf shortage thing sucks. The army bought a lot of it for their armor, which makes our supply less, meaning higher prices if you do find some and a long wait. Good luck finding a hood :)

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
That sucks, but at least you got your money back

·
Registered
768 Posts
Nola BB6 said:
not necessarilly(sp?), you just have to watch out for the person you're dealing with. I've bought a few stuff off of there and so have a bunch of other ppl i know. I also know someone who lost $3,000 on an item. He got raped big time..no lube:(
+1

You just have to becareful. Be an intelligent buyer. Sometimes, shit happens, good sellers will refund ya, as their rep is on the line. And, you can always go to the ebay authority.

Ebay is pretty close to a free market. You buy at your own risk. ebay is a service not a store. Saying that it is a piece of crap is acting like it is an actual store like wal mart, etc. It also is addressing it as if the problems are the fault of ebay, not the individuals who create the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts