Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I got myself the wrong generation lude. There is hardly any after market support. I even looked on the modacar thing and there were like 3 things for our models. That sucks! I guess I wont be modding this car. It does not even get that good of gas mileage. Edmunds has it listed at 22/27 or something like that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
bro sorry to say your gonna have to do all your mods custom pretty much. But you get very rewarding results from modding them just look at tonybaker's lude. Roastin supercharged cobras.

I have gotten more than 34 mpg on some road trips and thats cruisin at 80-90 mph.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
ChiroLude said:
Maybe I got myself the wrong generation lude. There is hardly any after market support. I even looked on the modacar thing and there were like 3 things for our models. That sucks! I guess I wont be modding this car. It does not even get that good of gas mileage. Edmunds has it listed at 22/27 or something like that.
ummm...with that attitude yeah you got the wrong car. Sell it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amaymi said:
bro sorry to say your gonna have to do all your mods custom pretty much. But you get very rewarding results from modding them just look at tonybaker's lude. Roastin supercharged cobras.

I have gotten more than 34 mpg on some road trips and thats cruisin at 80-90 mph.
Yeah, I just filled up for the first time so we will see what mpg I get...

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
ive never gotten worse then 28mpg even when i beat on it occasionally, at least not as far as overall gas mileage per tank.

and there are actually quite a few aftermarket parts out there, and a few people on this site make aftermarket parts. not as many as 4th and 5th gen ludes, but more then enough to have fun

also think about this; when it comes to racing, handling means as much as power (at least if the race involves turns lol). and a 3g is a DAMN good handling car. add 4ws to the mix and you've got it even better.

hell, even when my beater was driveable being bone stock simply with 15's and toyo proxes, i would eat up just about any domestic out there in street races that involved at least some turns. power means nothing in turns. on straightaways; "theres no replacement for displacement", unless you compare hp per pound, and a 3g is a very light car.

there are tons of pros and cons to owning a 3g. one pro is that its a honda lol. and there are hundreds of pros to owning a honda, no matter what model. i could go on for hours saying the good and bad, but im hungover and need sleep lol

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
if you'd search this board thoroughly you will see that there are many mods you can do....although some are questionable as to whether they're even worth it, you have a unique looking Honda as opposed to the same old "rice'" cars that are out there....there is nothing like a Lude

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
a prelude is a sexy car. fun to drive and it looks good...thats more than enough for me. but as for mods. all u need is an intake and headers and u will be pleased w. the outcome...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I got 3 of them with plenty of mods...I wouldn't trade them for the world!!!

Custom > Aftermarket

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
ChiroLude said:
Welcome to the exclusive club.
The club where you drive a cult car with many select fans...
The club where "CUSTOM" means custom.
The car where you can stand next to and be proud 2/3's of the mods isn't from Ebay, but ideas from other 3g Preluders...
The car that outhandles Porsches, Ferrari's, Lambos and many modern day cars of today...

The Prelude. 3rd generation.
:emthup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.