Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading up on Nitrous Injection and I believe for the goal I have for this car if would suit my purposes. I'm not looking at anything major 50-55shot is plenty.

I've also been researching water/methanol injection, the concept is nice and would add insurance to a nitrous injection (provent detonation by absorbing excess heat created by the added fuel and oxygen in the cylinder).

Do any of you have experience with:
a) nitrous injection, I'm sure some have
b) water/methanol injection, probably much less
c) both together ?!

from my reasearch, doing it right is not a cheap setup by any means: approx 1600$ for a really good NOS with all the safety precautions (performance radiator, colder plugs, retarded timing etc) and about 900$ for the WM injection kit.

Can't wait to see if I'm thinking way too much about this or if it's actually doable.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
Your looking for that controller which retails at about 500 bucks, and I also noticed that the one I was looking at is for 8 cylinder cars. Maybe they have ones for 4 cylinder cars.

But if you are only going to run a crusty 50 shot, why even bother. Its nothing that you will really notice, and if your lucky you will get about 1/2 second off your current drag race times.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I wanna start with a 50 shot at least, I might go higher but tuning is a problem around here, or should I say non-existant.

One thing for sure I'm keeping the engine stock, so that limits me as far as nitrous is concerned.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
Well if you can't afford a new motor than don't go spraying. Rule of thumb.

A 50 shot is nothing. You can piece together a nice kit for about 400.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts