Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently im running a 75 shot of dry nitrous. It does quite well and im pleased with the results. But i recently came upon a sweet trade for a direct port nitrous setup. So im going to see how well this B21 can handle a serious nitrous setup and also start upgrading my engine a bit to see if i can get in the 13's on just juice. This is just a little side project for now on my daily beater.
So here's a little info on my current setup.
I am running a fully rebuilt to stock spec B21a1. Currently at 2000 miles since built.
The car is an 88 SI so it is OBD0 and has the B20A5 intake manifold but my butterflies open a lot sooner than stock :wink:
Zoom stage 3 clutch and stock fly.
D2J3 tranny
ESP mounts
No name catback thats quiet.
And of course a homemade cold air intake.
And a Zex dry kit with 75 shot, retarded timing by 4degrees and 2 step colder plugs. Nitrous activates at WOT.

Now this setup is great right now, but i now am looking to do a NOS direct port setup on 100shot installed into a new ported and polished and port matched intake manifold. This new setup will have a 62mm throttle body and my custom made big tube race header with 3.5 inch collector thats a side exit. Also going to probably swap the head to a B20A5 head thats been milled .030 off with more extensive port and polish work.
Keep in mind im doing all this work myself.

Here's a pic of the new setup im building.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The foggers are actually tapped into the manifold and then i used Hondabond to make sure there werent any leaks.
Im currently building the new head. And trying to work out how to run the side exit exhaust. I think it might be too loud tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts