Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I went with my girlfriend to a car lot to test-drive a Jetta which was going to be her first car. After standing around at the car for a good 15 minutes trying to see inside. The salesman came over finally, I guess he was talking to his mechanic. And says "Cash or financing?" nevermind saying "Hello, how are you etc.". That already put me off guard. So saying cash, I asked if we could test drive the Jetta.. The sales guy told me that he wanted to see the cash upfront before we could take the car on a test drive. First of all, only a sucker pays sticker price- and second, I never talk money before I see if there's any problems with the car. I told him the car was for my girlfriend who is learning how to drive a manual trans. Then he goes off "You gotta get a $500 car to learn manual, you can't drive this car or it will cost me $1,000 to replace the transmission!". I was pretty fed up with the guy at this point, so we left in my Prelude. I'll never be back.

Anyone else have any stories of sucky car lots?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
If you have his name, or even if you do not,, you should report him. Service like that is unacceptable. So you need to report him to his manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Used car lot. End of story.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,277 Posts
And says "Cash or financing?" nevermind saying "Hello, how are you etc.".
I would have laughed and walked away at that point.

Used car lots are just that- used car lots. Full of scumbags and idiots. I should know, one of my old HS buddies works at Auction Direct and is a complete tool. :emthdown:

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
my family owns a honda motorcycle dealership and i work there too. we have about 10 used cars and god forbid if anyone ever did that they would get the boot. i dont see why anyone would do that cuz they r just going to miss out on commission.

·
Registered
380 Posts
You know, one day I'd love to open up a used car lot and actually provide decent service. I would specialize in sporty cars from everywhere. Mustangs, Camaros, Challangers, BMWs, Audis, GTRs, etc..

it's a dream of mine...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts