Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious on what kind of mod would be involved to get your hood to go all the way back..I dont have a hood prop so when i work on my car I either take off the hood or use a piece of wood to hold it..Problem is sometimes its in the way and iam afraid Iam gonna hit it and boom there goes the hood right on my head :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
prob go to a junkyard and get a hood prop off another lude and put it on yours

·
Registered
18 Posts
I usually just take a piece of rope and run it from the driver's side window frame, through the hood latch piece, and to the passenger's side window frame. Just keep the rope loose-ish, but not extremely loose, and don't move the rope around like a saw and your paint will be fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kewl, thanks for all the insight..But i figured it out turns out there was just alittle piece of metal preventing the hinge from rotating all the way..Just one bolt and there she is...But thanks everyone for there insight

·
Registered
21 Posts
Umm I see potential damage. If you ask me, you should get hood dampers. They are not very expensive, and will do you a world of good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sometimes its just easier to take the hood off, if you have an extra pair of hands.

·
Registered
763 Posts
looks into the hydrolic hood dampners, like on the acura CL, first gen. might even be an easy swap.

·
Prelude Tech Kid
606 Posts
I believe 5th gens can do this but not 4th gens..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts