Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm completely new to rebuilding cars.
I bought a 1989 Prelude 2.0 si with the intention of rebuilding it.
(Engine, interior, exterior etc)
So far I've gotten new rims and tires since the original ones were discontinued and hard to find.
Now I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what to do with the engine and interior.
I've already got a body kit / paint job picked out.
So if anyone has any suggestions for engines or good sites to look at for seats and stuff, I'm all ears.....well eyes in this case XD.
Thanks
Wolf

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Well before we recommend any sites for parts are you in the usa or have access to usa market? As far as seats I would just have them reupholstered with new foam by a professional unless you had another reason for new seats. The 3rd gen seats look and fit like Recaros and rumored to be styled after them. I think the only seats that have bolt in rails made for the 3rd gen is bride but not positive and those frames might work on another brand. I really don't remember as never entertained the idea of aftermarket seats. I am pretty sure for us in the u.s.a. we have to get the bride seat rails directly from japan.

You can find a ton of info including engine swaps that are currently supported and make sure to read the red F.A.Q. sticky and Sean's, 1funryd's performance link thread also in the F.A.Q. at the top of the 3rd gen forum. Plus it will have a tutorial on advanced searching in the 3rd gen section or whatever you want to limit your search for. This site has been up for 14 years. Not much that hasn't already been done and documented onhere for the 3rd gen prelude. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
413 Posts
To build on what cudaboy said about aftermarket seats, Bride rails are cheaper than Recaro rails and will fit Recaros and possibly other brands of seats too. You could even get some custom ones made up if you wanted. I have Recaro LX mounted on Bride RO rails in my 3G. RO rails will mount other older model Recaros too, e.g. SR3s/4s.

It will easy to recommend things if you have an idea of what direction you want to go in, what you're prioritising, what you want out of the car and your budget.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I derped on how to use the forum.
To answer austro I want more stylish seats like leather seats or leather lined seats.
To answer cudabov. I'm in Texas so I do have access to us markets :D
I'm reading up on the engine builds in the 3rd gen forums.
I'm attaching a couple pics so ya'll can see what I'm working with.
The picture of me and my finace is the only one I have of the interior.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
you have to host pics to imgur.com or photobucket and then copy the link and post the link to get pictures to show up.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Leather seats in Texas? I hope tint is in the plans, if not already on the car. :tongue:
And yeah, we can't see the pics.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
There use to be a company that made leather replacement seat upholstery but it has been discontinued for several years. You could pick different types and colors.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Lloyd mats from autoanything.com might be to your liking. I have pics of mine linked in a thread at the bottom of the F.A.Q. sticky. If you want to get them search for a coupon code on google or wait till a holiday like memorial day coming up or 4th of july. That website usually has holiday coupon codes.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
You should be able to find an auto upholstery shop in Texas that can re-upholster your stock seats however you want. I'd shy away from aftermarket racing seats if you don't plan to race this car. They aren't comfortable for use in a daily driver. And the stock 3rd gen seats are some of the best stock seats out there IMHO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I got my tinting done first thing after my tires hahaha. I'll upload the images to imgur soon. My pc over heated so I'm on my phone atm. Also I looked into engines. And a lot of people were talking about vtecs. I kinda got lost in all the different types and mods and such. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with luzer. The 3rd Gen seat are comfy as heck
I do plan on racing it eventually, but it'll still be my daily driver so I'll take your advice and just re apollster the stock seats

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Yeah I got my tinting done first thing after my tires hahaha. I'll upload the images to imgur soon. My pc over heated so I'm on my phone atm. Also I looked into engines. And a lot of people were talking about vtecs. I kinda got lost in all the different types and mods and such. Any suggestions?
I will chime in here.

My recommendation is going with the H22/23 motor/tranny.

Powerplant wise, the vtec motors that are supported to swap in with my custom mounts are:
H22
H23a
F20b

B16/18/20

But pretty much all H/F series and B series motor/trannys are supported as well. There are many combonations for you to search on google for these platforms.

Pound for pound the best power to dollar ratio and 200hp/161tq right out of the box in a 2600lb chassis with the best handling in the world in its class and price point.

I support the new motor/tranny swaps, lips, rear visor, Ksports, power reroute line, mirror covers, Front bumper delete bar, traction bar etc... for this chassis.
Been doing it since 2006.

Just click on the links down below under my post in my signature and it will direct you to my FB page, as well as my website for you too see pics and my email for direct contact.

But I also have a ton of pictures on this site where most of my work is done anyways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts