Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say hi. I just bought my lude today, its a 91 si.
it has 140,000 miles, NO rust AT all, one dent in the fender tho:|, runs great, cd deck and new speakers, and the best part is that one guy owned it for 5 years and then gave it to his little brother who sold it to me, and their dad was a mechanic so i know it was taken care of. The interior is very impressive... still mint almost... and the exterior has white dots all over the front bumper. Oh yeah, 1,600 bucks

My future plans for it are intake, header, high flow cat, and any other NA bolt-on i can find. Cant get a loud exhaust as long as im still living with the parents. Suggestions are welcome. I do however have a specific question. A friend suggested putting a lower thermostat on the car... he said it frees up a couple ponies, but ive never heard of someone doin it. What do you guys think?:) thanks and props on the nice forum

·
Registered
326 Posts
i think your friends full of shit about the thermostat.

if your parents dont like noise.

get the Apex'i World Sport universal muffler and have it piped out.

its a pretty quiet exhasut that will give u some power at the same time

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
BASH THE NEWBIE. :lol: jp man

Tell your friend to stick it. If he really believes that then tell him that adding a sticker gives you ponies too. The chemicals and adhesives in the sticker goes through the glass and transfers a specific electric signal to the ecu telling it to adjust the air/fuel ratio.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:blush: dont make fun of my southern vocab. Anyways thanks for the help. Im still searching around here for people with some bolt-ons im interested in. So far ive found out that pacesetter makes headers and high flow cats for us, both of which i might get. Ive seen a couple short-ram intakes on ebay but i might go cold air if someone makes one. Or ghetto rig my own. Gonna be searchin all night for more goodies Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
LUDEacris_91si said:
:blush: dont make fun of my southern vocab. Anyways thanks for the help. Im still searching around here for people with some bolt-ons im interested in. So far ive found out that pacesetter makes headers and high flow cats for us, both of which i might get. Ive seen a couple short-ram intakes on ebay but i might go cold air if someone makes one. Or ghetto rig my own. Gonna be searchin all night for more goodies Thanks guys
Sall good, lol. Through more searching you will come to find out that Pacesetter sucks, go with a Chikara header. If at all possible find a DC header, but those are rare...so ya.

Preludesi_2004 said:
Dyno tests show that GT-R stickers pwn Type r stickers

Heres proof Nevermind the black type r part above the dyno graph.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but uhh...Type R is better than GTR. Research it.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Correct you!!! look at the most reliable dyno on earth, my ass damnt. i can take a picture of the dyno if u want.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Preludesi_2004 said:
Correct you!!! look at the most reliable dyno on earth, my ass damnt. i can take a picture of the dyno if u want.
What I meant was...technically Type R is better than GTR. But if you say your GTR stickers make more ponies than Type R so be it.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
Preludesi_2004 said:
hahahahahahahaha!! thats got to be the funniest thing ive seen on this site in a while. but no thanks, i dont think many people on here want to see pics of your ass dyno lmao, i especially dont lmao

·
Registered
279 Posts
screw the stickers man if you really want power you need to go get one of those type R keys thats about the best purchase i have ever made. and it also increases mpg and we all need that now days.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I have a billit aluminum oil cap with a Type R sticker on it. I can now beat the Ice Cream truck.

Yeah..go with a chikara header instead of Facesitter. Below is the flex joint that Facesitter has. The Chikara has a nice stainless steel flex joint like stock only bigger.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey if i can get just the upper half of the DC sports header should i do that? i can get it for 50 bucks... and i know a shop that does good exhaust work really cheap. Would it be a bad idea to get that top half of the DC sports header and just get them to make a header-back exhaust with high flow cat and hopefully a quiet muffler?

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
and it is more than likely used. itd be a good idea, just try to make it nonrestrictive (the downpipe)

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
mustangs give you unicorns, ferraris give you a crossbreed of horses on steroids and bulls

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts

Yeah...bow down to the real horsepower. JDM too.

Hey dont get offended. :evil smile: We all get the new guy.
Post some pics up asap. Sounds like you got a nice Lude ...this is a moral imperitive. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts