Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! From age 18-22, I drove a white 1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, and put a ton of miles on it, mostly delivering pizza. Once I moved on to a more "grown up job", I sold that car and got myself a truck. I always loved that car, and even though I've owned about 30 different cars and trucks since then, I'll always list that car in my top 5. The car was great, of course, but it was also a great time in life, so that will always be intertwined.

I tend to miss rowing through a stick shift, so I'm prone to grabbing the random sporty 90s car every few years. I've owned a couple of SW20 MR2s, I also picked up a pristine 4th gen '93 Prelude SI (non-VTEC sadly) about a decade ago, drove it for a couple of years, and sold it. Sometimes I start looking at Supras and NSXs, but in truth, I'm happier driving stuff that is "lower stakes". I'm not really looking for attention in what I drive.

I just purchased a 1990 SI in light blue. 5 speed, pristine exterior and interior, but high miles. Rebuilt motor about 5 years ago, mostly stock. With all of my cars, I prefer them to be as close to stock as possible, I realize I'll probably be in the minority after browsing through the forum, but what can I say, I like what I like. It might be a cursed endeavor, thanks to the bastardized B, but I'm easy on my vehicles, so hopefully I can get a few good years out of this car. I am not afraid of high mileage, honestly, I've had low mileage "collectible" type cars and I hate driving them because I don't want to decrease the value. I like a good, original driver. Also I'm psyched to give my 18 year old son a chance to learn how to drive a stick, again, "low stakes" cars are good for that.

I'd love to know if anyone can point me to some factory wheels. The 14" alloys would be ideal, but I'd honestly be happy with the 14" covers, as that is what I had on my previous '90 and I happen to like the look just fine. The PO was an older (late 70s) gentleman and he had some chrome wheels on there, I'm not a fan lol.

Thanks for having me, I'm looking forward to getting to know the community!

Attached: pics of my old and new-to-me 'ludes:
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Car Wheel Vehicle Daytime Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1991 Honda Prelude Si ALB
132 Posts
Nice! Welcome to the site! Your prelude looks very nice! It looks very rust free! Those wheels are not my favorite either. You remind me of my dad. He had a Mitsubishi 3000gt vr4 when he was in his early 20s. Then he sold it and 20 years later bought another vr4 but this one had only 33,000 miles. This was last year. Then he sold it since it had a ton of problems since it sat for a while. But he really like my 3rd gen and wants it. I wish my lude was a 5speed but it is an

Also I like the c4 and the cobra behind and ahead of the prelude! You have quite the collection!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha thanks but that's actually the last picture taken in the PO's driveway, those were his toys. I don't have a "collection" per se, I tend to just own one fun thing at a time. Maybe one and a half. I also like 4x4 Toyotas. Anyhow, I don't want to take any more pictures of the new Lude until I get rid of those wheels haha.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ha thanks but that's actually the last picture taken in the PO's driveway, those were his toys. I don't have a "collection" per se, I tend to just own one fun thing at a time. Maybe one and a half. I also like 4x4 Toyotas. Anyhow, I don't want to take any more pictures of the new Lude until I get rid of those wheels haha.
Ohh ok. Lol

Thgose wheels are pretty Ugly. Maybe your local junkyard has wheels?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and your '91 looks sweet!

Yeah I'm going to start checking junkyards soon, I'm finding that it's hard to get good info online. I live in Colorado, so I'm discovering that a lot of the Preludes are long gone. Not that you can't drive one around here in the winter, but they have been uncommon for a long time. I last saw a 3rd gen on the road a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh and your '91 looks sweet!

Yeah I'm going to start checking junkyards soon, I'm finding that it's hard to get good info online. I live in Colorado, so I'm discovering that a lot of the Preludes are long gone. Not that you can't drive one around here in the winter, but they have been uncommon for a long time. I last saw a 3rd gen on the road a couple of years ago.
My lude isn’t that great. The body on yours is way better.

I have never saw another 3rd gen before In my life. But then I am only 15 years old. I have seen a few 5th gens but only like 2-3 4th gens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone! From age 18-22, I drove a white 1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, and put a ton of miles on it, mostly delivering pizza. Once I moved on to a more "grown up job", I sold that car and got myself a truck. I always loved that car, and even though I've owned about 30 different cars and trucks since then, I'll always list that car in my top 5. The car was great, of course, but it was also a great time in life, so that will always be intertwined.

I tend to miss rowing through a stick shift, so I'm prone to grabbing the random sporty 90s car every few years. I've owned a couple of SW20 MR2s, I also picked up a pristine 4th gen '93 Prelude SI (non-VTEC sadly) about a decade ago, drove it for a couple of years, and sold it. Sometimes I start looking at Supras and NSXs, but in truth, I'm happier driving stuff that is "lower stakes". I'm not really looking for attention in what I drive.

I just purchased a 1990 SI in light blue. 5 speed, pristine exterior and interior, but high miles. Rebuilt motor about 5 years ago, mostly stock. With all of my cars, I prefer them to be as close to stock as possible, I realize I'll probably be in the minority after browsing through the forum, but what can I say, I like what I like. It might be a cursed endeavor, thanks to the bastardized B, but I'm easy on my vehicles, so hopefully I can get a few good years out of this car. I am not afraid of high mileage, honestly, I've had low mileage "collectible" type cars and I hate driving them because I don't want to decrease the value. I like a good, original driver. Also I'm psyched to give my 18 year old son a chance to learn how to drive a stick, again, "low stakes" cars are good for that.

I'd love to know if anyone can point me to some factory wheels. The 14" alloys would be ideal, but I'd honestly be happy with the 14" covers, as that is what I had on my previous '90 and I happen to like the look just fine. The PO was an older (late 70s) gentleman and he had some chrome wheels on there, I'm not a fan lol.

Thanks for having me, I'm looking forward to getting to know the community!

Attached: pics of my old and new-to-me 'ludes: View attachment 32187
View attachment 32188
View attachment 32186
Stock rims here!

$150 each, "like new"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts