Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. I have a couple Q i wouldnt mind having answered.
First of all. Are NGK the only plug wires I should even think about. Second of all whats is really good brake setup mostly oriented towards track. Just suggestions to respectible companies that sell good parts. Also if I could ask how much oil does your prelude burn. I know its a old topic buy i mine is scaring me just got it a couple months ago.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Brembo, Endless and Stop-tech all make good brake kits, but unless ur the gnarliest lude owner yet u really dont need the stopping power of a big-brake kit. Brembo blanks are great rotor replacements and they don't cost too much. Plus you can get them cross-drilled and/or slotted. Finally, ludes burn oil especially if you like to make use of your vtec.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I've got Axxis pads and Autozone blank rotors. Work every bit as well as my cross-drilled/slotted rotors on my 95 Prelude.

Get some Stainless Steel brake lines, although the G-Force (or whatever it is) didn't work too well for me. They just don't fit the rear calipers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KenzoLude said:
Finally, ludes burn oil especially if you like to make use of your vtec.

yeah thats the thing me and vtec are good buddies.

Which brings me to another topic how high are we safe to rev on a stock engine. I always have a feeling of self counciesness when i rev too high thinking I am doing a lot of damage to my car.

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
On a stock engine you don't rev higher than the tach says to. It's as simple as that.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
7400 is redline. 8k is rev limiter. I rev it right up to 8k in first or else it'll fall out of vtec and then 7400 is fine for the rest of the gears.Happy revving.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
HalexH said:
Just wondering. I have a couple Q i wouldnt mind having answered.
First of all. Are NGK the only plug wires I should even think about. Second of all whats is really good brake setup mostly oriented towards track. Just suggestions to respectible companies that sell good parts. Also if I could ask how much oil does your prelude burn. I know its a old topic buy i mine is scaring me just got it a couple months ago.
Denso plugs are fine too... if you look in your owner's manual, you will see that Honda gives a part number for both NGK and Denso plugs under the section about spark plug replacement.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just change mine for Denso Iridium... I felt a better response to my car... I don't know if I gained any hp maybe I did get some of the lost hp by replacing the old plugs.. plus had my fuel filter changed.. for better gas economy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts