Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just picked up this 4th Gen from a Local charity and was originally going to flip it but as soon as I stepped on the pedal fell in love with it. I once had a 300zx twin turbo and a right hand drive civic si and was well over having another fast car, but might have changed my mind. I'm looking into getting it completely back to stock and have been working on it here and there. I've started with giving it a complete tune up top to bottom and replacing all the aftermarket parts. My question is, I've been looking into finding the original vtec wheels but am having a hard time. The current wheels are some racing hart evolution c5000 with semi-new tires but am not feeling the style so I'm trying to get rid of them. I've found a set at the local yard but not sure if they're SI or vtec wheels. Another thing, when I checked the history on the car, it comes up with Prelude SR-V, but it's spent it's whole life in California. I'm the 2nd owner apparently. Any help is appreciated. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The picture of the wheels you posted are the VTEC model wheels.

It's very rare to find a Si VTEC model by VIN, most are just S or Si models with swaps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still deciding whether to keep it or not. Just bought those vtec wheels and trying to flip the racing hart wheels now. It's leaking coolant from the water pump and oil from the oil pan gasket. So lots of maintenance to be done next week. Hopefully give it a paint job by the end of February. Other then that, one of the funniest cars I've driven in awhile. If it wasn't for the leaks, I'd be driving it every day instead of my Prius.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know the feeling. I gave mine up...looks just like yours...about 10 years ago and now I'm trying to find one in good condition. A lot harder now than 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Wow super clean find man , should look great with those VTEC wheels....all around rare finds , I own a Oringinal 93 BB1 Si VTEC myself and in the ten years ive had it havnt seen another one on the road... car shows maybe but most around here are just f22 or h23 swapped BB4 cars ...and ive been looking for those wheels clean for along time lol.

if its comes up as SR-V thats a canadian model , maybe it was swapped between Cali and Canadian dealers before it was sold??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow super clean find man , should look great with those VTEC wheels....all around rare finds , I own a Oringinal 93 BB1 Si VTEC myself and in the ten years ive had it havnt seen another one on the road... car shows maybe but most around here are just f22 or h23 swapped BB4 cars ...and ive been looking for those wheels clean for along time lol.

if its comes up as SR-V thats a canadian model , maybe it was swapped between Cali and Canadian dealers before it was sold??
That's weird. I thought the VTEC models were a lot more common.

The car fax came up that the car spent it's whole life in California except for the first 88 miles which I'm guessing were from test drives. Under "style" in a vin search, it comes up as a Sr-v model. Kind of weird. I'm guessing it's just a regular vtec model.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Consider keeping the original paint and buffing it out if needed. A good paint job costs more than you can believe if the proper preparation and materials are used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Consider keeping the original paint and buffing it out if needed. A good paint job costs more than you can believe if the proper preparation and materials are used.
The clear coat is peeling at a few spots. Not sure if that's anything that can be fixed or light sanded out.

I've had a few quotes ranging from $2500-$4500. This is going to be a long term weekender so I don't mind spending around that range to have a good long lasting paint job.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You might be able to just reclear the needed sections. The whole trick is trying to match the appearance of the original panels. And black shows all the imperfections. Either way good luck with it. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my problem

I have a 94 prelude for some reason my gauges quit working. the window don't work aswell as the sunroof, all of the dash indicators stopped working no turn signals and no hazards. It all started when I was driving and hit a bump which made all the parking lights and cluster light go out. Kept popping the fuse. Someone told me to troubleshoot it with a paperclip so I did worked for 20 sec. Then melted. found a wire on the back of my radio (orange illumination wire) melted cut that off and those lights came no more popping fuse. Shortly after that all of the other problems happened all fuse good but some not getting power. in the cabin fuse box the wiring harness that goes to the turn signal switch had some melted wires replaced that. still nothing could someone tell me anything that applys to these. like grounds relays where all the wiring and power location. Help?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts