Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I bought my 2001 base prelude completely stock except for the AEM v2 intake and since then Ive gotten the megan catback (underated IMO), and skunk2 springs with kyb shocks.

theres about 101 thousand miles on the motor and hopefully il have around 3k to spend on her by the summer. so my question is what would be the most reliable way to pull around 220 horses? (daily driven). ive read through a lot of the forced induction forums but im still not sure which method is best for my power goal. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Well I would say boost. But you'll need more than 3K if you want to do it reliable. Depending on how much you know, it would save you a lot of money it you could do a lot of the work yourself. Don't expect someone to come on here and list every part you going to need and give you a step by step on how to do it. It has been done (spread out) in many threads over the years.

On the other hand, if you want to go the N/A route, 220 hp at the flywheel shouldn't be too hard with $3k. Run a Euro R IM, oversized TB, Skunk2 Cams, rebuild valvetrain, custom header (hytech, smsp, mugen), and tune. That might even be enough to get you up to 220 at the wheels with a good tune. It may or may not require larger injectors.

My one suggestion would be to work on your suspension. Koni Yellows and Ground Control Springs can be more fun than having 220whp just depending on the type of person you are! Look in to weight reduction too.

Keep doing your research and whatever you do have fun with it.

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
with your budget i would just get a turbo KIT.
like either a greddy kit or the revhard kit...
then get it tuned on s300,ectune,or neptune rtp, or whatever you want/tuner wants.. and get it street/ dyno tuned.
doing this means you will have to convert to OBD1, which also means you wont be able to pass emissions if you have them.

with that though you will be breaking your budget, but is probably the cheapest way i would think to make the most power...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately we do have emission tests here. there are ways to boost properly and pass the test right??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts