Honda Prelude Forum banner
9121 - 9131 of 9131 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Honda Prelude Si
100 Posts
So, maybe a dumb question, what options do I have for coilovers? I know Ksport makes a set and so does megan racing, but I'm trying to weigh all my options. I know GC has a coilover sleeve kit, but what sort of shocks/struts are available/work well with that kit? I read somewhere that some people used konis, but which konis work on the 3rd gen? I appreciate any help!

If its any extra help, I'm putting an H22a4 in my 3rd gen. Idk why that would help but I figured I'd add it.
Best I can tell.....and ive spent hours searching in the last couple months....KSPORT is the best way to go. I'll be going that route eventually. For now I'm using some NOS monomatic shocks with moog Springs.

@1funryd is a Ksport distributer.

·
Registered
1989 Honda Prelude Si
100 Posts
Looked through the owners manual and it doesn't seem to have anything on the switch on the passenger side of the ebrake. I don't remember my old 91 having one. Anyone know what this is? 91 Si ALB

View attachment 31671
Most likely done by a high school kid wiring up accent lighting or something. I've never seen a switch there. It's pretty easy to pop that plastic off and see where it goes. Does anything happen voltage wise when you flip it.

·
Super Moderator
17,408 Posts
Looked through the owners manual and it doesn't seem to have anything on the switch on the passenger side of the ebrake. I don't remember my old 91 having one. Anyone know what this is? 91 Si ALB

View attachment 31671
If I recall that might be a antenna control switch. But the pic is not clear so I am assuming at this point.
Need a better direct picture. Why do people use such terrible pics in todays day and age...smh

·
Registered
56 Posts
Picture is terrible because it seemed like a stock option and I assumed when I went home the owners manual would tell me what it was. It was late when I.posted and assumed if it was a stock option someone would know right away. Also why I put this in the newbie thread -- doing my best to get flammed lol

Yeah I'll trace it, just thought I'd ask because the switch is too well installed to be a highschool kid. Have only had enough time to get it running and de-mouse the engine bay -- so haven't spent time figuring it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If anyone is curious about the switch I inquired about -- it is a factory "Parking Brake Switch". It will light up the cluster brake warning light when the switch is closed, if the parking brake is on "to remind the driver that the parking brake is applied"

Photos from the 1991 manual, where I got this info (as well as a competent photograph of the switch lol)

Automotive design Grey Sleeve Personal luxury car Electric blue

Font Parallel Paper Book Paper product

Triangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

9121 - 9131 of 9131 Posts