Honda Prelude Forum banner
9101 - 9114 of 9114 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm taking the initiative, hopefully this will end up being stickied, so that I can be immortalized in my glory for such a brilliant idea.

So here you go...if you're new to preludepower, or if you're too stupid and lazy to use the valuable search tool, or if you tried searching and you're afraid of getting yelled at for making a new thread, then ask your question here. Almost every question a noob has to ask has been covered before, so instead of having 7 thousand threads a day that the mods have to lock after 2 replies...ask here...we'll try to go easy on you.

To help keep this from being a clusterfuck, if you're answering a question, please quote the question in your reply....if that makes any sense.
Is there a tread on electrical PDFs for 90-91?

·
Registered
8 Posts
New owner of an 88 S, automatic.

The flex exhaust pipe is damaged. Is there a direct replacement link or website anyone can assist me with?

Or,

Can I order any flex pipe as long as the diameters are the same?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1989 Honda Prelude Si
75 Posts
New owner of an 88 S, automatic.

The flex exhaust pipe is damaged. Is there a direct replacement link or website anyone can assist me with?

Or,

Can I order any flex pipe as long as the diameters are the same?

Thanks.
Generally speaking any pipe that fits will work. The exhaust system is pretty straightforward. My local muffler shop only charge me $40 to replace mine.

Edit: just called the shop. That was on my 92 CB7. But im pretty sure there would be very little to no difference as the pipe they put in my car was a universal thing they use for a vast number of 4-bangers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here, and fairly new to wrenching on cars in general. A few months back my clutch release bearing on my 91si started making a lot of noise so I started on replacing it. However the part number for the one I received (22810-PX5-J02) seems to be for a 92+ prelude according to its manufacturer. I think I read somewhere that the bearings for 4th and 5th gens are compatible with the D2A4 transmission but I wanted to make sure I check before putting everything back together. Is there any reason this bearing would not work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Stickying this thread is not good. If the title is anything to go by, new people aren't allowed to make their own threads to ask questions. Also makes the forum look less active. I only noticed this sticky thread after 1 year after scrolling passed it 500 times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking to do a swap on my 89 prelude SI. I have an H22a4 engine in a 99 prelude sh that was rear ended. My main question is will I be able to swap the front end from the 99 into the 89. By front end I mean the entire knuckle assembly and maybe axles? I know I will need a different transmission because the H22a4 has the ATTS module which will not fit in the 3rd gen chassis, at least to the short extent of my knowledge. Will the axles from the 5th gen still be too long?

·
Premium Member
17,268 Posts
I am looking to do a swap on my 89 prelude SI. I have an H22a4 engine in a 99 prelude sh that was rear ended. My main question is will I be able to swap the front end from the 99 into the 89. By front end I mean the entire knuckle assembly and maybe axles? I know I will need a different transmission because the H22a4 has the ATTS module which will not fit in the 3rd gen chassis, at least to the short extent of my knowledge. Will the axles from the 5th gen still be too long?
No.
You will have to get the base midshaft modification done and then use a base H22 tranny then you use that ATTS H22 motor only, nothing from the ATTS will work.
You will need to go Accord axles or custom axles to complete the swap.

You will need my swap parts: www.1funryd.com
1. H22 swap kit
2. Conversion harness
3. Traction Bar with skid bar

Then get all the misc parts to finish off the swap.
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
No.
You will have to get the base midshaft modification done and then use a base H22 tranny then you use that ATTS H22 motor only, nothing from the ATTS will work.
You will need to go Accord axles or custom axles to complete the swap.

You will need my swap parts: www.1funryd.com
1. H22 swap kit
2. Conversion harness
3. Traction Bar with skid bar

Then get all the misc parts to finish off the swap.
Email: [email protected]
I have mounts and harness already. And I know I'll need the base h22 trans.
So there's no other options other than to use the stock 3rd gen knuckles, hubs, etc? I can't make the 5th gen stuff fit?

·
Premium Member
17,268 Posts
I have mounts and harness already. And I know I'll need the base h22 trans.
So there's no other options other than to use the stock 3rd gen knuckles, hubs, etc? I can't make the 5th gen stuff fit?
Oh sure you can make them fit, but your camber will be off and caster and all kinds of stuff.
Just stick too the Accord midshaft so you can use 90-93 stock axles or pay the money to get proper axles.
No cheap options anymore for swapping in this Joe Biden inflationary market. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh sure you can make them fit, but your camber will be off and caster and all kinds of stuff.
Just stick too the Accord midshaft so you can use 90-93 stock axles or pay the money to get proper axles.
No cheap options anymore for swapping in this Joe Biden inflationary market. :mad::mad::mad:
Thats all I needed to hear. I plan on changing to 90-91 knuckle assembly with accord axles eventually, but in the mean time I was hoping this would work just as a temporary thing just to get driving.
Another question I have, which might be very vague. What components in the engine bay can I remove that I will no longer need with the h22 swap? I would like the engine bay to look very clean as apposed to the cramped stock look.

9101 - 9114 of 9114 Posts