Honda Prelude Forum banner
9081 - 9092 of 9092 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
Hello again guys! I fixed the axle problem that i had, thanks for the info. Now im facing a different problem with the wiring harness. I have the wiring harness that came with my h22a and the ecu, thing is the plugs that connect to the fuse box have been cut. Ive never dealt with this kind of problem so if you could help me that would be great.
Regards, Kevin Salazar
You are better off ordering a completely brand new conversion harness that I offer - www.1funryd.com

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
So I’m looking to buy a 89 Prelude S. It only has 65k miles and has had same owner since 1991. It’s been in outside storage for about 9 months, so it doesn’t look great. Interior is amazing. I have only been able to look at it from a drive by and pics. I’ve scheduled an apt. to take it for a drive in 2 days. They are asking 12500$ which I think is too much (at least from first impressions) How would I go about negotiating a more reasonable price point with out pissing the person off. I know how to inspect a car and the sort of things to look for something newer, but this would be my first purchase of a car over 30 years old. So it seems that many different factors go into pricing a car this old.
thank you for any help:advice you can provide.
Honestly if they know what they have, you just have to ask for a lower price but it sounds like they do not really want to sell it.
If they did, they would negotiate lower seeing how it has paint issues and potentially other issues that they are not telling you up front.

But since these cars are now super rare in complete condition, you better come in with a realistic offer.
But you need to ask them whats the lowest they will take on the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, so I'm in the UK and was researching what car to get next, was just gonna go from my 1.6 e-hdi pug 208 to a GTI version to be more sporty, but I saw the 3rd gen prelude and kind of fell in love with it, there is one for sale about an hour away from me, has some advisories from last year's MOT:

• Oil leak, but not excessive (8.4.1 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))
  • Offside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))
  • Fuel Pipe/s corroded fuel filler pipes ()
Wanted to know a bit more about the car before messaging the owner about more information, so are the MOT advisories serious? I know oil leak could be anything, but I heard parts are really hard to find for these so I'm worried about the corroded parts.
The car is 1989 2.0 Prelude EX, so I assume it's the slowest variant with around 110BHP? If I'm correct, it's the one that doesn't have the fuel injectors but carbs or whatever they are called, are there any disadvantages do that? How easy is it to modify them performance wise? Since my current car is only 90bhp, it's not a speed demon, but it does have some decent torque since it's a diesel, and I would prefer my next car to be at least a little bit faster, so how would I go about modifying it? (Literally a newbie, started driving around a year ago and just don't know much yet) Are they fairly reliable? (Yes I know it's an old car and it depends on how the previous owner took care of it, but I mean generally)
Also, one more question as I'm really unsure, do the 3rd gen preludes have 4 or 5 seats? When checking on various websites it just says 5, but I thought they are 4 seaters?
Supposedly it's 1 lady owner from new, 126k miles and was garaged.
Sorry for so many questions that were probably asked before, but wanna know more about it to see if it's worth the effort.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm taking the initiative, hopefully this will end up being stickied, so that I can be immortalized in my glory for such a brilliant idea.

So here you go...if you're new to preludepower, or if you're too stupid and lazy to use the valuable search tool, or if you tried searching and you're afraid of getting yelled at for making a new thread, then ask your question here. Almost every question a noob has to ask has been covered before, so instead of having 7 thousand threads a day that the mods have to lock after 2 replies...ask here...we'll try to go easy on you.

To help keep this from being a clusterfuck, if you're answering a question, please quote the question in your reply....if that makes any sense.
I bolted on a 93 accord alternator to my 89 Si and now I can't get the Ps/ac belt back on, also my alt belt seems too tight now?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm taking the initiative, hopefully this will end up being stickied, so that I can be immortalized in my glory for such a brilliant idea.

So here you go...if you're new to preludepower, or if you're too stupid and lazy to use the valuable search tool, or if you tried searching and you're afraid of getting yelled at for making a new thread, then ask your question here. Almost every question a noob has to ask has been covered before, so instead of having 7 thousand threads a day that the mods have to lock after 2 replies...ask here...we'll try to go easy on you.

To help keep this from being a clusterfuck, if you're answering a question, please quote the question in your reply....if that makes any sense.

[/QUOTE
I'm having issues at idle. I just replaced my IACV cause my old one went out. Now if im in traffic and I was at low rpm while moving it surges when I go back to idle. Also I've noticed that when I turn my air on or my power steering is being used it surges aswell. could this be a power related issue?

Having issues at idle (kinda) just replaced my IACV but now it surges if I'm stuck in traffic and was at low rpm while moving it surges. It also surges when there is too much power being used for example if my air is on, or if my power steering pump is active it will surge without fail. Could this be a power related issues because I dont wanna go looking for a vacuum leak if it doesn't exist

9081 - 9092 of 9092 Posts