Honda Prelude Forum banner
9061 - 9080 of 9092 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
Hey everyone! I finally made it back! My 4ws got stollen from the front of my house a few years ago and smacked into a curb during a pursuit. The guy got away on foot... so I show up to where they were and try to drive it away, not happening. So I talk the cops into letting me come pick it up the next day with my own trailer rather than a tow. So the thief comes back, steals it again and takes it to his house where he was then busted and I had to deal with getting my baby out of a covered parking stall at an apartment. It’s been sitting for a number of years :( but I’m about ready to get her back on the road. I’ve got a CB strut tower bar, the bracket looks like it may be a little bent, gotta check that in greater detail, but the lower control arm and crossmember are bent and blown out at mounting location. I’m hoping the 4ws gears and shaft aren’t bent. Anyway I haven’t looked around the site much but I’m sure there’s still a parts thread or something like that. I’m glad to rejoin yalls!!
Nothing has changed since the years you have been away, it has only gotten worse.
You are better off sourcing parts from a junkyard online if you have no local sources or getting on Facebook and go to market place for people selling.
Also join the following groups on fb specific to 3rd gens:

1. 3rd gen prelude enthusiasts
2. Honda Prelude 3rd Generation (HP3G)
3. Real 3rd Gen Prelude Enthusiasts

These are your best bets for sourcing parts or even complete rolling chassis.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 3rd gen Lude and i´ve been told the Lude has a lot of compatibility with Accords. Im about to buy shocks and springs of a 98-02 Accord for installing it to my 3rd gen. Is this possible without modifying stock suspension parts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can a D2j4 m/t from a carbed engine fit a b20a? If so what would i need to swap over from one to the other or would it be just a bolt up and go? some people/posts (I found on google) that ive read said id have to frankinstine the axles others say I dont have to do anything so im confused can ya help me out here

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
i have a 3rd gen Lude and i´ve been told the Lude has a lot of compatibility with Accords. Im about to buy shocks and springs of a 98-02 Accord for installing it to my 3rd gen. Is this possible without modifying stock suspension parts?
No. We have replacement shocks already no need to get Accord ones.
Our front shocks is the shortest shocks in the industry.

Our pinch bolts are different heights.
All newer Accords share nothing with our cars.

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
Can a D2j4 m/t from a carbed engine fit a b20a? If so what would i need to swap over from one to the other or would it be just a bolt up and go? some people/posts (I found on google) that ive read said id have to frankinstine the axles others say I dont have to do anything so im confused can ya help me out here
Keep your axles, just get the proper flywheel and clutch with the B20a.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The vss on each transmission is different main difference is the original one i was using was electric the other one is cable. i tried to frankinstine each other to see if either had exchangable parts but it doesnt and I cant seem to get it to work. Is there any other vss from a different car like the accord or from a different transmission with a electric vss that would work?

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
The vss on each transmission is different main difference is the original one i was using was electric the other one is cable. i tried to frankinstine each other to see if either had exchangable parts but it doesnt and I cant seem to get it to work. Is there any other vss from a different car like the accord or from a different transmission with a electric vss that would work?

You need to search with proper terms to get what your looking for in this forum.

Here is the thread your looking for - 90 91 Prelude VSS Sensor replacement part - With a 90-93...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm taking the initiative, hopefully this will end up being stickied, so that I can be immortalized in my glory for such a brilliant idea.

So here you go...if you're new to preludepower, or if you're too stupid and lazy to use the valuable search tool, or if you tried searching and you're afraid of getting yelled at for making a new thread, then ask your question here. Almost every question a noob has to ask has been covered before, so instead of having 7 thousand threads a day that the mods have to lock after 2 replies...ask here...we'll try to go easy on you.

To help keep this from being a clusterfuck, if you're answering a question, please quote the question in your reply....if that makes any sense.
Hey I wanted to know if anyone here has done an INX front end conversion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey how is it going guys. I've been trying to complete my h22 swap into my 1989 prelude Si. The thing is I bought some 1993 accord axles because I read somewhere that they fit the transmission on the h22. The problem now is that the stock wheel hubs don't fit. Are there any wheel hub that fit the 89 and fit the accord 93 axles?

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
Hey how is it going guys. I've been trying to complete my h22 swap into my 1989 prelude Si. The thing is I bought some 1993 accord axles because I read somewhere that they fit the transmission on the h22. The problem now is that the stock wheel hubs don't fit. Are there any wheel hub that fit the 89 and fit the accord 93 axles?
I created a H22 swap thread with all the parts needed and the different swaps that have been done.
Here is the thread:
1. H22 Swap Checklist - Parts to get...
2. H22 Swap Thread - All known swaps to date:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm taking the initiative, hopefully this will end up being stickied, so that I can be immortalized in my glory for such a brilliant idea.

So here you go...if you're new to preludepower, or if you're too stupid and lazy to use the valuable search tool, or if you tried searching and you're afraid of getting yelled at for making a new thread, then ask your question here. Almost every question a noob has to ask has been covered before, so instead of having 7 thousand threads a day that the mods have to lock after 2 replies...ask here...we'll try to go easy on you.

To help keep this from being a clusterfuck, if you're answering a question, please quote the question in your reply....if that makes any sense.
So I got this car a good bit back and slowly have been realizing that I got a lot of shit to replace I was lookin for some help on the egr value, I got an inspection and was told it was cut off so does anyone have even like a pic of one so ik what I workin wit here I’ll post the pics I took of my shit box but if y’all got any cites to the right parts that would be nice I just bought like 4 parts that don’t fit because thare eather for the si or the the previous years............

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I got this car a good bit back and slowly have been realizing that I got a lot of shit to replace I was lookin for some help on the egr value, I got an inspection and was told it was cut off so does anyone have even like a pic of one so ik what I workin wit here I’ll post the pics I took of my shit box but if y’all got any cites to the right parts that would be nice I just bought like 4 parts that don’t fit because thare eather for the si or the the previous years............ View attachment 29028
View attachment 29029 View attachment 29030
I have never seen a B20A3. You must have the S model. Very rare man.

B20A3

(12-valve, SOHC, dual side-draft carburetors)
  • Found in:
    • 1988–1990 Honda Prelude 2.0 S
  • Power: 109 hp (81 kW) at 5800 rpm (MT) with catalytic converter, 115 hp (86 kW) at 5800 rpm without catalytic converter
  • Torque: 111 lb⋅ft (150 N⋅m) at 4000 rpm
  • It was PGM-CARB microprocessor controlled (pk-1)

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am in need of info on where I can find a complete suspension kit on 89 Prelude 2.0 NOT 4WS everything need to be replaced from what I was told, Also in anyone in WA knows how to properly work on this car lmk, I love my prelude and wanna restore it to its former glory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello again guys! I fixed the axle problem that i had, thanks for the info. Now im facing a different problem with the wiring harness. I have the wiring harness that came with my h22a and the ecu, thing is the plugs that connect to the fuse box have been cut. Ive never dealt with this kind of problem so if you could help me that would be great.
Regards, Kevin Salazar

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
look in the third gen stickies at the downloadable copy of the manual for the car. it will tell you step by step what to do. or you can go to 1funryd's page and download it from there, or you could go to prelude3g.com and download it there too.
I hate having to ask this haha.....where are the 3rd gen manuals....I just cant bloody find em lol!.
I just bought a 3rd gen so finding my way atm..n its all a bit much

·
Registered
1 Posts

So I’m looking to buy a 89 Prelude S. It only has 65k miles and has had same owner since 1991. It’s been in outside storage for about 9 months, so it doesn’t look great. Interior is amazing. I have only been able to look at it from a drive by and pics. I’ve scheduled an apt. to take it for a drive in 2 days. They are asking 12500$ which I think is too much (at least from first impressions) How would I go about negotiating a more reasonable price point with out pissing the person off. I know how to inspect a car and the sort of things to look for something newer, but this would be my first purchase of a car over 30 years old. So it seems that many different factors go into pricing a car this old.
thank you for any help:advice you can provide.

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
I am in need of info on where I can find a complete suspension kit on 89 Prelude 2.0 NOT 4WS everything need to be replaced from what I was told, Also in anyone in WA knows how to properly work on this car lmk, I love my prelude and wanna restore it to its former glory.
There is a few of us in WA state.
But we work daily jobs so the best we can offer is advice on this forum.
As for suspension, we already established that there are some aftermarket parts we can use and one specific company for all suspension bushings.
Look in the FAQ section for the suspension thread.

9061 - 9080 of 9092 Posts