Honda Prelude Forum banner

9041 - 9045 of 9045 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,549 Posts
ive been working on my 1990si that i saved from people that didnt love it. It was a complete electrical mess, still kind of is. i bought a broken 1989si that i could take parts from. i took the wiring harness from the 89 n threw it in the 90 as the one in the 90 was cut up and thrashed by previous owners. i was wondering what vss comes in the 1990 prelude si or would i now need to convert to a different vss of some kind?
What wiring harness are you referring too? The engine harness or the interior harness??
The 90Si B20a5 uses the same VSS as the 91Si, so its a mechanical/electrical hybrid VSS.
Picture below - 1990-91

The 88-89 both use purely mechanical VSS.
Picture below - 1988-89:

·
Registered
3 Posts
What wiring harness are you referring too? The engine harness or the interior harness??
The 90Si B20a5 uses the same VSS as the 91Si, so its a mechanical/electrical hybrid VSS.
Picture below - 1990-91
View attachment 27109

The 88-89 both use purely mechanical VSS.
Picture below - 1988-89:
View attachment 27108
Engine harness sorry. Also where would i even find the 90 - 91 vss ive looked at my local LKQs. No luck. Anyways for now i have to put the prelude on hold as it keeps overheating and i dont have the time right now to mess with it like i want too. Thank you for responding ive been looking at your shop alot ever since i got my 90s lude.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am not exactly a noob to the board - I've been on here multiple times just not recently (since before the makeover - very nice, btw)... but I've searched the board and can't see anything relating to my problem which is...

I've got a 1989 4WS SI and the connecting pipe for the water pump to the thermostat housing rusted out and I dropped all my coolant. Anyway - the part (19505-pk2-660 or 19505-pk2-750) is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas on where I can get one or if there's a way to manufacture it somehow? The car is dead in the water until I find an answer. This happened to one of my other Preludes, so it has to be a fairly common issue.

Anyway - any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks to whoever runs the board - I've found a lot of answers in the past here - this is a valuable resource for us Prelude folks!

·
Premium Member
16,549 Posts
I am not exactly a noob to the board - I've been on here multiple times just not recently (since before the makeover - very nice, btw)... but I've searched the board and can't see anything relating to my problem which is...

I've got a 1989 4WS SI and the connecting pipe for the water pump to the thermostat housing rusted out and I dropped all my coolant. Anyway - the part (19505-pk2-660 or 19505-pk2-750) is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas on where I can get one or if there's a way to manufacture it somehow? The car is dead in the water until I find an answer. This happened to one of my other Preludes, so it has to be a fairly common issue.

Anyway - any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks to whoever runs the board - I've found a lot of answers in the past here - this is a valuable resource for us Prelude folks!
Your only option is to have the existing pipe repaired, there is no other options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need some info for what size tires and wheels people were running on their 3rd gens. I wanted to go with a 16 just don't know how wide i can go and what offset.

9041 - 9045 of 9045 Posts