Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forums. Just got a '97 lude from my brother for cheap cheap, just has a blown automatic trans(base model, not SH). Really want to do a manual swap, have read rompirates instructions many times and think its doable. A few specific questions I have are it has VTEC in it, apparently from last owner as my brother doesn't know anything about it. From what I've been able to research it doesn't seem like that should bother with the swap itself but want to make sure from your guys POV. The ecu is the only thing I'm worried about. Does anyone know if that would change or can I still mod it like others have describe? And anyone know which gen pedals are fit or which other model Hondas I can steal them from, having a problem finding them. Right now that's it when I actually get started I'll keep you guys filled in. Hoping to get the pedal done soon and the actual swap in a few weeks after I get everything together. Sorry if I'm breaking any rules, been a very long times since I've been on forums...

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts
All 5th gens came with vtec motors, nothing special.

5 speed swap parts you can contact prelude1897 i believe his sn is, he's always got a few laying around

Welcome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts