Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got my Skunk2 Intake Manifold in the other day.. took it out of the box to look at it and compare it to my oem manifold and wow what a difference. There are almost no connections on the new one compared to the old one, and ive heard that there are some parts that are supposed to transfer over from the OEM to the Skunk2.. is this true? and if so.. does anyone have any experience with this or know what has to transfer over?

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
IACV, IAT, some vac lines would transfer over.

IAB, EGR, won't.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

IAB, EGR, won't.
x2 first of all if you dont get hondata and get your car tune it right, your car wont push out the most hp you want to, beside if you dont get it tune cel will come on because S2 IM dont use EGR, trust me been there done that be4, i should have listen to alot of people on pp( but i learned my lesson) here the price list
obd1 ecu
hondata
harness
put on IM
tune
total is around $ 650

and if you decide to do so take my advice get all basic set up like exhaust, header, intake, put on at the same time to install your IM and get it tune all at once, you will save alot of money
rep for me if u can ty
try to search alot before you install it

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
x2 first of all if you dont get hondata and get your car tune it right, your car wont push out the most hp you want to, beside if you dont get it tune cel will come on because S2 IM dont use EGR, trust me been there done that be4, i should have listen to alot of people on pp( but i learned my lesson) here the price list
obd1 ecu
hondata
harness
put on IM
tune
total is around $ 650

and if you decide to do so take my advice get all basic set up like exhaust, header, intake, put on at the same time to install your IM and get it tune all at once, you will save alot of money
rep for me if u can ty
dear god i hate the fact im a broke college student :huh2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

IAB, EGR, won't.
sweet, thanks for the help!

obd1 ecu
hondata
harness
put on IM
tune
total is around $ 650

rep for me if u can ty
thanks for the help! its not going in my car yet.. im getting all my parts together for my build then the project begins lol.. do you know anything about converting to obd1 while we're on the subject? haha

dear god i hate the fact im a broke college student :huh2:
tell me about it.. but ive been saving for too long to just let this not happen now lol

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
sweet, thanks for the help!

thanks for the help! its not going in my car yet.. im getting all my parts together for my build then the project begins lol.. do you know anything about converting to obd1 while we're on the subject? haha

tell me about it.. but ive been saving for too long to just let this not happen now lol
well from what i learned so far basicly you have to get an older model car ecu, that does not use EGR and install hondata chip in there and then u get it tune so your car will push out the most hp that you want it to be, and with obd1 ecu tuned your CEl wont come up, let me know anythin else you need to know

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well for the ob1 to obd2 conversion you need a conversion harness that you just plug it in and the best thing is to get a p28 which is a ob1 and you chipped it and it would work fine right now i have a skunk2 intake manifold and its not tune and my car runs horrible into it gets to highers rpm

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
sorry lil bit of immature i just noticed....ob1.. the force is strong with you lol :p
LMFAO star wars NERD lol jk good 1 :music:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
no offense but it seems to me that you should be researching more before you start buying parts like this. A skunk2 should be one of the last things on a very good build. what are your plans?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no offense but it seems to me that you should be researching more before you start buying parts like this. A skunk2 should be one of the last things on a very good build. what are your plans?
well i practically have all the parts that i need, minus the main turbo components, which i still am researching and narrowing down my choices.. but i know for a fact the stock intake manifold wont hold up after the build.. and i sure as hell am not going for an ebay or obx intake mani... so im going with a good company that has a well known rep.. obviously things will have to be changed to make it work well.. but thats the price i hafta pay.. and as what you were saying about it being one of the last things on a very good build, its all going in at once, in one shot.. im not doing things slowly over time..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts