Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I'm looking to buy some new front seats for my lude. Both of mine have some dog bites outta them. (Previous owner loved his dog... :mad2: unfortunately)

So I was wondering if other seats from Hondas or Acuras were compatible. I would prefer them to fit without any mods, but i can handle a little bit.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
not sure which ones will fit without mods but you could always take the seats and brackets from whatever car your taking them from. just an idea

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just wondering so when I go to the junk yard, I don't have to only look for Preludes. If other car's seats would fit, then I would have an easier time finding a pair...

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
yeah i understand what you mean. I did a quick search for you and couldn't find anything that listed compatible seats. As long as you get the brackets as well you could always drill new holes though. Hopefully someone has some info. I'm interested as well even though I like the stock seats

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
i have custom ones in mine and i had to make a custom seat rail out of some stainless steel. i am not aware of any other stock seats that fit our car, because our seat brackets mount really weird if you take a look at the bolts.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright. It sounds like its not as easy as I was hoping. I guess I will just have to pray to find a 3G at the junkers, or have a miracle on Craigslist. haha.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
theres some 3rd gens here to take seats from but shipping would be a b*tch lol. you could always just replace the fabric find someone thats good at sewing

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have looked in to reupholstering them, and I got a quote for $150. I'm not sure if that was per-seat, or for both. But I'm pretty sure I could find a set for less than that...

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I have looked in to reupholstering them, and I got a quote for $150. I'm not sure if that was per-seat, or for both. But I'm pretty sure I could find a set for less than that...
Actually if that was for 2 i think that would be a great deal...i love the seats but mine are worn too, and gonna need to replace soon. I have found some on craigslist but they are always in other cities and the shipping kills ya

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I'm off to the parts yard. Wish me luck!

they only have 2 ludes :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts