Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and my prelude i have recently purchased. Im kinda new to the car scene ( more of a truck guy but wanted to see what cars felt like). Had a few questions about these cars. For background info, its an 86 SI with 133k miles and a manual transmission.
1) how much are they worth? Cant seem to find many for sale anywhere.
2) if you own one, what have you done to it, i want to modify it a bit (wheels, suspension, interchangeable parts, etc)
3) it has a few problems with it, wondering if i could fit it all into one thread or if i start another one. (Kinda new to this so plz lmk)
Thats all :)
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Steering part

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its in great condition, idk if i can post videos on here or not but its super clean. Paint needs a lil love but no swirl marks or anything. Mostly stains from being sat outside. And funny enough, the car came with original owners manual, haynes manual, and another thiccc manual so most of the stuff i need is there.
Main concern is the pump is pretty loud and that everytime i open the gas cap, this big swoosh of fumes attacks me. Its as if the pressure from the tank isnt being relieved. Thats really all that’s wrong but other than that its mint.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was driving back from work when i spotted it at a shop along with many other older trucks. I stopped by and asked the owner if any of the trucks were for sale but sadly he said that they were customers trucks. I asked him about the prelude (that was one that he owned) and he said “not really” but then after a bit of talking we came to an agreement on the price. He also had 2 300zx’s for sale but one was a parts car (rusty) and the other had a bad engine/body damage. I would’ve honestly bought as well but cars arent really my skill set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i would say im pretty good mechanically inclined but just not in older cars yk? Like you said, i was lookin for a OBD port and come to find out u recognize the problem thru a flashin light on the ecu or something like that. So that was new to me.

as to the EVAP canister, i took that out but it really hasnt solved anything.I put nipples on the ends that had hoses. I kept everything just incase i messed up by removing it XD. I know its just a emissions kind of thing. Would it be the vent line coming from the tank that is clogged? The pump is also something that is odd to me… is it supposed to be loud? It gurgles sometimes, idk if it is the filter or the actual pump itself. Any help or tests would be helpful if u can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts