Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Prelude
222 Posts
Wow, lucky find! It looks great!
1) Depends on their condition of course. Given that it's an Si, manual transmission, 133k miles, and assuming everything works, no rust, I'd say around 7k.
2) There's not a lot of aftermarket stuff for it. People who mod their cars usually end up decreasing the value.
3) Do whatever. I suggest downloading the mechanic's manual first.

·
Registered
1985 Prelude
222 Posts
Even if working on cars was your skillset, working on a modern car with OBD and other computer systems is way different than working on a prelude with a PGM-FI system. I'm almost forced to work on my own preludes because it's hard to find a mechanic who can diagnose and fix the problem.

Main concern is the pump is pretty loud and that everytime i open the gas cap, this big swoosh of fumes attacks me. Its as if the pressure from the tank isnt being relieved. Thats really all that’s wrong but other than that its mint.
There is a charcoal canister with a purge control diaphragm valve that goes to the throttle body, and a two-way valve from the canister to the fuel tank. See diagram on 12-8. The fuel tank having pressure is normal, but if it's spewing out gas fumes that bad there might be something wrong with one of those valves, or maybe someone overfilled the tank one time and now there's gas in the canister.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts