Honda Prelude Forum banner

New prelude owner with new system

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  zelseman 
#1 ·
Hey whats up all. I didn't see a welcome forum, so I decided to make my first post here..

Just bought me a 90 Prelude for $1,500. Came with 17" wheels, shocks, ground control coil overs, aftermarket seats, stainless brake lines, cross drilled rotors all the way around, and of course a big black spoiler (imma leave the spoiler on for now, and probably get rid of it in the future when I do body work..)

She burns a lot of oil, but for the price, I think I did good.. I plan to eventually drop a new engine, or rebuild this one..

But the reason I posted in this forum, is because the first mods im doing is a full stereo setup :)
Gonna be starting on it today, and hopfully will have the sub setup done by tommorow, and my front stage done by monday-tuesday..

Gonna be running a Hifonics 1,600w amp, Hifonics 600w amp, Elemental designs 6500 components, Kicker Solobaric L7 15", JVC kd-avx cd/dvd player iwth 3" screen, Kicker 30 band EQ, and prolly in the next week im gonna be looking to add a 7" LCD screen..

Heres some crappy pics of the car, and ssome of my stereo stuff

See less See more
#2 ·
Hooweee $$$$

It'll sound good though, definitely good choice of hardware.

#3 · (Edited)
damn that must be hella fast! i mean the big ass spoiler adds like 20 hp right? and who can forget the duals and stickers on the back that adds another 25 hp :rolleyes:

fuckin a your lucky

just kidding dude i know you didnt put that on there :p good price too

#10 ·
brentm said:
Looks god man, Do you plan to use carpet or vinyl to cover that plywood or what?

Take some pics of your center console for me, I see gauges in there...
I probably wont cover the box for a while, when I do imma make an amp rack and make it look a lot cleaner.

I'l take some pics of the center consol tommorow after the cd player is installed. The gauges are just voltage, water temp, and oil temp from the previous owner.

For now imma leave the gaues where the are, and leave the hole where he had a eq at. But imma get a LCD soon and try to fiberglass it under the tv, and move the gauges.. I'v never done fiberglass though so we'll see how that goes :Rock:

#12 ·
Just curious. Are you using a battery isolator for that seperate battery in the trunk.

#13 · (Edited)
Prey_Lude99 said:
Just curious. Are you using a battery isolator for that seperate battery in the trunk.
Nah, just 300 amp fuses at BOTH batterys.

I WAS planning on running a deep cycle in the trunk, incase I run it dead.. But walmart was out of deep cycles, so I just bought the biggest battery they had.
So far i'v sat around listening to music with the car off for over a hour, and it started right up fine after that. So I think I should be good

I don't know if its the second battery( never installed a second battery) or the fact the previous owner of the car, got the alternator to put out more amps..
But my voltage does NOT drop at all when slamming.. It you slam for a VERY long time, it eventually drops to 12v with the car running.. But its not a instant drop, in other words, my headlighst don't dim at ALL..
Most peoples systems go from 14.5v to 12v on every bass note, mine just stays at 14v, and very slowly drops to 12v on constant bass. Its nice :)

Im still waiting on another fuse holder so I can upgrade my alternator wireing, I already upgraded ground wires under the hood and bought a new battery for the front.
And last night I started on door pods,. never worked with fiberglass though so we'l see how this turns out.. Gonna have 6 1/2" mids hanging out of my door, i'l get some pics here in a bit :)

edit: Two 875 cold cranking amp batterys at $60 a peice, woulda went with optima's, but coulden't justify $130+ on a battery lol

Heres pics of my door pods that I started on..

I don't know if these back plates will even be good enough to use, but imma try to use em...

Front part of passenger side kick pod is finally ready for glass

So far its going very smooth, a lot easier/better then I thought. Although I haven't yet got to the sanding....

These are pictures after 1 layer of fiberglass on the front. Just applied a second layer of resin on the outside, and about to add some glass to the inside

#17 ·
brentm said:
Looks awesome man. Lots of fiberglassing going on on PP.com lately. Why is there a distributor sitting on your floor?
My car was having problems, and a friend had a distributer laying around so he gave it to me..

But I got my car running right again without it

in other words im to lazy to clean my car.....

#18 ·
Nice equipment choices. I bet it will sound great. Get rid of the wing, its killing me man. Do a search in this forum and 3rd gen and you will find some pics or should of what a previous member toofast did with some screens that he mounted on the console. I think he has been banned for other reasons but anyway. As far as 2 batteries if ya start having problems I would either get an isolator or a stinger 200 amp relay sold for this purpose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.