Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just taking some amerature shots with my new DSLR, Nikon D60, 18-55mm VR lens, constructive criticism is always welcomed, but please dont act stupid about it. here they are, not so good because the weather was bad, and I only had 7 mintues to take them. And I know, I need a drop!

·
Registered
476 Posts
lookin' good man..looks just like my car..all stock with JDM fogs but yours has a spoiler

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
looks good. my friend has a D100. gonna try to get him to snap some good pics for me when the car is where i like it

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Not bad. Overcast skies and Nordic Mist never make for a good combination, I've tried it many times. If you have photoshop then try running each pic thru the auto-color feature, that should get rid of the blue cast and will make the asphalt look black like it's supposed to. Can't wait to see what that camera can do on a good day or at night with a tripod.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
there's a few things to do...
you could set a custom white balance every time you shoot, so the colors are more true...
or when you go into color balance, adjust towards the cyan, and maybe away from blue, which usually "whitens" my pics.
or you can go into saturation, and desaturate the blue and cyan, which will help take that blue tone away...

in the shadows/highlights function, you can increase/decrease shadows or highlights, which will help bring out some detail in your pics...

they look better than the others...!

another trick? don't shoot in auto mode ;)

read up on how F stops affect light and focal area, and then play with shutter speeds...

there's alot to learn, but it all becomes pretty common sense after a while... (and i still forget half the time, and remember after i'm done shooting what i should've done!)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
562 Posts
i REALLY like the 2nd pic of the fogs :D

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Looks great bro :top:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there's a few things to do...
you could set a custom white balance every time you shoot, so the colors are more true...
or when you go into color balance, adjust towards the cyan, and maybe away from blue, which usually "whitens" my pics.
or you can go into saturation, and desaturate the blue and cyan, which will help take that blue tone away...

in the shadows/highlights function, you can increase/decrease shadows or highlights, which will help bring out some detail in your pics...

they look better than the others...!

another trick? don't shoot in auto mode ;)

read up on how F stops affect light and focal area, and then play with shutter speeds...

there's alot to learn, but it all becomes pretty common sense after a while... (and i still forget half the time, and remember after i'm done shooting what i should've done!)
Thanks man, I have taken a photo class for about a year now, on and off, at a community college, so I know what F Stops are and so on, and also the camera wasn't in auto mode, I had it set, but again this is the first DSLR I have ever had, i'm used to shooting with a 35mm SLR :crazy:, but again thanks for the criticism, it always helps!

Also thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Thanks, btw its SSM, and I have Photoshop CS4, but what auto-color feature are you talking about?
Oh, my bad. They sometimes turn out the same color in photos. In Photoshop click on "Image" at the top and run down the list. You'll see auto-contrast and auto-levels along with auto-color.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Oh, my bad. They sometimes turn out the same color in photos. In Photoshop click on "Image" at the top and run down the list. You'll see auto-contrast and auto-levels along with auto-color.
where do yall get these photoshop programs? are they free? i have only used photobucket lol....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No photoshop is like 2500$, my friend owns a Graphic Design company, and I was once helping him out and he gave me a lisence to his CS4, so i got lucky.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts