Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey , everyone who may read this , i've had my 3rd gen for almost an year (no it dosn't have the b20 :|) but i want a b20 in it i know the si dos have the b20a5 , but can i get the b20b to fit ? or should i just find a b20a5 to throw in there and my perlude 2.0 S already is a 5spd (wouldn't puy an auto to boring lol :laugh:) to i need a new tanny also or will mine bolt up to the b20a5 ... need help plez and i love this website so if anyone can help me plez do .. thanx for readin and i'll have pics up soon

·
Me+you+your friend=fun
1,547 Posts

·
Me+you+your friend=fun
1,547 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see lots of work ........ so i would better off with the b20a5 ..... would it be easyer to get a si out of a junkyard and swap it over ?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I see lots of work ........ so i would better off with the b20a5 ..... would it be easyer to get a si out of a junkyard and swap it over ?
If you are looking for an easy swap, then yes just swap it out with a B20A5. They are not too expensive, you can find one for under $500 easy.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
hey , everyone who may read this , i've had my 3rd gen for almost an year (no it dosn't have the b20 :|) but i want a b20 in it i know the si dos have the b20a5 , but can i get the b20b to fit ? or should i just find a b20a5 to throw in there and my perlude 2.0 S already is a 5spd (wouldn't puy an auto to boring lol :laugh:) to i need a new tanny also or will mine bolt up to the b20a5 ... need help plez and i love this website so if anyone can help me plez do .. thanx for readin and i'll have pics up soon
First of all, Welcome to PP.com, you'll love it here

Second, Not being a dick but use the Search feature. I've seen your question a pretty good amount of times.

Lastly, now to help you out. If you do have a B20A3 and are wanting to go to the B20A5, like they said earlier, you are going to have to do the S to Si swap. It can be a huge pain in the butt at first but after you start to see how our cars are built, things just fall into place. I will not lie to you, you are going to have a ton of work ahead of you to do this swap. You will have to strip your whole interior out, so you better have a good place to store parts. You will need a really good set of tools. jack stands are a must. A good floor jack. Your best bet is to find a donor car to do this swap. You will have to swap out the tank to keep from having gas level problems later. Theres more but I'm brain dead at the moment, not in the mood to think.

Good luck and If you need help, search and it will be your best friend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
k cool . and poop on u for mis leadin me i had my hopes up and was planin on getin an b20b from passwordjdm . but its all good we'er all lude lovers here

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
k cool . and poop on u for mis leadin me i had my hopes up and was planin on getin an b20b from passwordjdm . but its all good we'er all lude lovers here
Hey, better to find out now what you were thinking will not work than later on thinking that you got ripped off. That would have sucked big time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tell me about it ... realy glad i fould this site .. now all i need is the money than i go on and kill the tcs ....... i hate those tc s :rocketwhore:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the scion tc ............ i hate those cars and all those rich kids that drive around in them like there sh*t dont stink .. so when my car is all siad and done i'm going hunting for those tc's :rocketwhore:

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
as guessman has told you its alot of work. he put the h series motor in his, but if you go through his thread, you will see everything that needs to be done to convert the car to fuel injection. i just finished the wiring and gas tank. its not that hard if you have some mechanical skills and a basic knowledge of how a honda is put together. if you look in the faq and stickies, you will see that you can download the complete manual for the car. good idea to do. if your car is running, then i would start hitting up the local yards to get what you need to do the swap. you can bolt the a5 head right on to your a3 motor. you will need the flywheel from the a5, the water/oil cooler where your oil filter screws on, the a3 motor doesn't have it, at least mine didn't. you will need the intake, exhaust manifolds, the vacuum control box on pass side firewall, the main pressure fuel line going from tank to engine compartment. thats a huge pita. after the fuel line it gets super easy though. any questions you can message me and i will try to help you, or you can go to prelude3g.com to see a detailed write-up. there are a few members on here that i know have done the swap, and most will tell you that they wouldn't do it again. i personally don't think it was that bad, but its also not my daily driver. hope this helps you get started, and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
welcome.
just make sure you take in as much information as possible.
itll make everything a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Thanks 2nd one for the bump.

Like he said, you have a ton of work to do, you need to ask yourself, how much do you like this car? If you ask us how much we like the car, then you already know, we are already here, right? so are you now. :) Just one more thing, whatever you decide to do, just don't junk it. Ebay, craigs or local sell it. Give someone else a chance to revive it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts