Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new here although I’ve wanted wanted a late prelude since I was a teenager. In my mid 20’s now finally getting one soon! Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Content deleted, because, some little snowflake out there can't handle some garage talk. That, and wing9903 says they are too long to read.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I’ve read a lot about how the automatic transmission is usually bad.

It’s ironic you mention that because I haven’t learned to drive a stick! I’ve been looking at automatics with the intent of getting an SH or S when I’ve learned down the road...

I found one near me that has had the SS transmission replaced under warranty which I’m thinking may be the, relatively, ideal candidate.

Thoughts? https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-honda-preludemiles/6466962635.html

·
Registered
324 Posts
Content deleted, because, some little snowflake out there can't handle some garage talk. That, and wing9903 says they are too long to read.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thank you!

I’m glad to hear from someone who has more experience.

I’ve been considering buying a manual one and learning on it. Also Ive been thinking that car is quite expensive compared to what I’ve seen else where

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey! It's really nice to hear someone else in the community has love for Honda in General, but even better when you say you'd like to own a Prelude! First Good luck on your hunt for the right Lude. Be patient and take your time searching for the right car, Keep in mind this model wether it being a 1st-5th Gen more than likely have a bit of baggage(miles, Problems, maintenance ect). That being said don't forget anything may be replaced with the right sources(parts, websites,help,money,time ect) I definitely agree with Mr Sir spec. Buy the lude you really want, MT, SH, Base, look into it all and decide what's in your best intrest. I hope you find the right Prelude for you. I happened to find one in Sacramento myself 3 years ago, 2001 MT Type SH in Milano Red. I didn't know what I was getting myself into at the time. I needed a car fast and so I jumped at the opportunity to see this car in person when I found it on Craigslist one day. I drove down to Sunnyvale I believe it was or somwhere near Sac lol can't recall exactly sorry. Anyway I remember getting there and seeing this thing in person. It was already early evening so It was dark. but the car didn't look bad at all from under the street light. My gf I looked around it a bit and went for a test drive. It was remarkable. The car drove so smooth and felt great with plenty of umph. Of course I bought it @158k for a little bit more than I should have spent, I do regret this. But for that same reason is why I haven't gotten rid of the car. 3 years later it has 207k miles I still own it. I have done much work to it since then mainly the drivetrain and maintenance, plus a few exhaust parts. I'm slowly rebuilding the car to where I want it to be. Anyway my motor recently started leaking a heavy amount of oil now plus I have Vtec solenoid/Cat/EGR valve codes so It's parked sitting pretty for now. It has given me many great memories. So I will not give up on it. So just be careful and best of luck! They are small, fun, and fast cars with great handling. Have fun!

-Leo

Awesome thank you!

I’m glad to hear from someone who has more experience.

I’ve been considering buying a manual one and learning on it. Also Ive been thinking that car is quite expensive compared to what I’ve seen else where

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Leo! It’s cool to here about preludes today. I hardly ever see them! Are you in the Bay Area too? I was thinking I’d prefer an automatic but then I learned the warranty on that is different than I thought! Thanks again guys I’m glad to be here

Hey! It's really nice to hear someone else in the community has love for Honda in General, but even better when you say you'd like to own a Prelude! First Good luck on your hunt for the right Lude. Be patient and take your time searching for the right car, Keep in mind this model wether it being a 1st-5th Gen more than likely have a bit of baggage(miles, Problems, maintenance ect). That being said don't forget anything may be replaced with the right sources(parts, websites,help,money,time ect) I definitely agree with Mr Sir spec. Buy the lude you really want, MT, SH, Base, look into it all and decide what's in your best intrest. I hope you find the right Prelude for you. I happened to find one in Sacramento myself 3 years ago, 2001 MT Type SH in Milano Red. I didn't know what I was getting myself into at the time. I needed a car fast and so I jumped at the opportunity to see this car in person when I found it on Craigslist one day. I drove down to Sunnyvale I believe it was or somwhere near Sac lol can't recall exactly sorry. Anyway I remember getting there and seeing this thing in person. It was already early evening so It was dark. but the car didn't look bad at all from under the street light. My gf I looked around it a bit and went for a test drive. It was remarkable. The car drove so smooth and felt great with plenty of umph. Of course I bought it @158k for a little bit more than I should have spent, I do regret this. But for that same reason is why I haven't gotten rid of the car. 3 years later it has 207k miles I still own it. I have done much work to it since then mainly the drivetrain and maintenance, plus a few exhaust parts. I'm slowly rebuilding the car to where I want it to be. Anyway my motor recently started leaking a heavy amount of oil now plus I have Vtec solenoid/Cat/EGR valve codes so It's parked sitting pretty for now. It has given me many great memories. So I will not give up on it. So just be careful and best of luck! They are small, fun, and fast cars with great handling. Have fun!

-Leo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts