Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's hope everyone is doing well. I just replaced the door handles on the interior of my 5th gen. Easy enough and aesthtically pleasing to the eye! Took about a month to get them, because they were shipped from overseas but we'll worth the wait. The handles are CNC machined from a single piece of aluminum and laser engraved. You can find them @skylarlabs on Instagram. I do not know how many he has available and what color but Skylar is good at responding to questions. He did say it's harder to make them in the color option that I have but he does have other one's. Let me know what ya'll think and by no means is Skylarlabs paying me or compensating me in any way, form or fashion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guy's hope everyone is doing well. I just replaced the door handles on the interior of my 5th gen. Easy enough and aesthtically pleasing to the eye! Took about a month to get them, because they were shipped from overseas but we'll worth the wait. The handles are CNC machined from a single piece of aluminum and laser engraved. You can find them @skylarlabs on Instagram. I do not know how many he has available and what color but Skylar is good at responding to questions. He did say it's harder to make them in the color option that I have but he does have other one's. Let me know what ya'll think and by no means is Skylarlabs paying me or compensating me in any way, form or fashion.
View attachment 29293 View attachment 29294 View attachment 29295
Very clean. I like! How much did they go for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you and yes very clean, can't stop admiring them myself lol. They went for $140 Euros + $10 for the engraving. So, about $183 US dollars. He does have some that are less expensive aswell.

·
Administrator
6,864 Posts
They're certainly high quality. Purchased a set myself a couple years ago.

Reactions: Rollidjr

·
Registered
2 Posts
You just added weight to an already heavy car not to mention the hefty price for a little handle.
My OEM handle lasted about 20yrs (car was mostly not garaged), good enough for me.

·
Administrator
6,864 Posts
You just added weight to an already heavy car not to mention the hefty price for a little handle.
My OEM handle lasted about 20yrs (car was mostly not garaged), good enough for me.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on learning to post.

Take into consideration Honda does not sell just the handle, and the assembly will be if not already discontinued. The factory piece breaking is rather common, especially in colder climates.

Skipping that next fast food meal would likely save you more weight than these add.

·
Registered
2 Posts
True, I didn’t like the fact I had to replace the assembly but it did last me a long time and I don’t think it cost me even a $100.
PS. I don’t bear handle the handles especially on old cars like these
And I suffer from high metabolism even in my upper 30s (135 lbs), only eat fast food once a week.

·
Registered
1994 honda prelude S. 5speed f22a1
2 Posts
View attachment 29293 View attachment 29294 View attachment 29295
Those are awesome man nice find and purchase!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
===========================================================================================================================

This is awsome and worth every penny, respects and ordering me a set right away

1 - 13 of 13 Posts